Duplicate email addresses when sending in gmail client

mkrieg

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
On the Droid 3, when sending an email through gmail all my email addresses appear twice like this: "user@domain.com" <user@domain.com>.

The email is then unable to be sent, unless I delete one of the addresses.

My Corporate synced account (the default email client??) can handle this format, but the gmail app can't.

There are no duplicate contacts and everything looks fine in my Outlook Contacts (where the contacts originated from)

Other than deleting one of the addresses before I send an email, or going through everyone of my contacts, is there a way to correct this?

Thanks for your help!

mmead44

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem but not with all email addresses. I use Gsyncit to sync my outlook contacts from the corporate synce account to my gmail contacts. Most of the time it works great but sometimes it does the same thing you are experiencing. Droid X with latest upgrade

mmead44

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
On the same issue still and can't find a solution. If I use the motorola widget for quick contact the email address inserted is okay (not duplicated) if I open gmail and select to compose a message when i type a contact name the email address associated with it is fine. I have narrowed it down, for me anyway, to only using the voice search command feature IE; when you long press the hard search key there a several different commands you can speak, one of which is "send email to" When I use this feature that is when i get the duplicate email inserted. The duplicate email is shown in the corporate sync account on the Droid X. My gmail contact side is fine on the phone. On my computer everything is okay in gmail and okay in outlook. It seems that wires get crossed in the Gsyncit process but only at the phone level not on the PC. I cant beleive that no one else is having this problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234