Need Some Calendar Help ASAP!!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a D3 and she's getting a new phone and we've come across a calendar problem. For some reason, anything she has put in her calendar has stored it in her "Phone Calendar" and not her Google Calendar. When you go to manage calendars, it won't let her sync her Phone Calendar so that it we could upload to Google.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on or how to upload this?

She's getting a new phone tomorrow and right now she's going to have to manually put everything in her new phone.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, there are two things that I can think of.

First, try the app MyBackup Pro to backup the calendar info to SD card (which will store it in internal storage, but then you can drag that data out to your/her PC and then drag it back to the new phone, and then restore the data on the new phone.) Of course, this will not solve the long-term problem that the phone calendar cannot sync with Google (note to Motorola: you should make this limitation very clear to users, so that they understand the limitations before using that calendar.)

I did find this app in the market which says that it can export iCal formal files (.ics) from the phone's calendar. You could then import that .ics file to Google Calendar on your wife's account, so that it will automatically sync with Android going forward. I haven't tested myself, however, so I have no idea if it actually works.

https://market.android.com/details?...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImF0LmFpY2hiYXVlci5pY2FsIl0.

I just tried editing an event on the phone and it will not let you change calendars on an event-by-event basis - what an odd restriction.

Reactions: Wildo6882

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I found one other thing that you can do, as long as there are not a lot of events.

For each event, tap to view, press menu->share, and send it as an email to yourself. You can then use that attachment to import to a Google calendar. Again, if there are dozens of events, this would be very tedious.

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll give that stuff a shot. If none of them work, she said she would just manually do it into the new phone or GCal, whichever was easier.

Thanks for your input!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon