1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Upgrade from gingerbread 2.3.4

Is there a way to upgrade my ios from Gingerbread 2.3.4?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    Maverick

Default Re: Upgrade from gingerbread 2.3.4

Firstly, the Droid 3 doesn't run iOS. Secondly, what are you wanting to upgrade to? Blur 5.7.906 is the "latest and greatest" Motorola-supported update around and runs 2.3.4. If you're referring to ICS, Motorola has stated that it will not being coming to the D3. There are some ROMs, and I've tried a few of them, but none are fully functioning and Hash has stated that it's just not going to happen. Since the D3 isn't getting ICS, you can bet it won't get JB when manufacturers and carriers start pushing that out in a year. In other words, you're "stuck" with GB

.'.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

I have a feeling "ios" was a typo for "os". Regardless, Brother, you are correct. .906 is the latest available, is rootable and seems very stable a bit snappier than the previous version of GB available.

OP, if you are not on 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US (Menu>Settings>About Phone>System version), try clicking system update in the About Phone section to pull it down from VZW. If you're rooted, you'll lose root, so look for the "motofail" one click root tool and use that.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

sir pllz my phone bakup 2.3.4 gingerbread