Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto's Jelly Bean Promise

So I'm sure most by now have heard that Motorola has promised to unroll Jelly bean updated on all 2011 or newer phones, and if they don't they are going to give us $99 towards a new phone (motorola of course).

I was wondering what you guys think the chances of them bringing Jelly Bean to the droid 3 are, or if we should be getting our hopes up on an upgrade? I have 2 upgrades available on my verizon account so I'm slightly looking forward to this!

Link for those who haven't seen: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...n-rebate_en-US

Global Posts
    1,000 Global Posts

Default Re: Moto's Jelly Bean Promise

They say there is no plan on giving droid 3 jelly bean.

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My question is if you are on contract will you get 100 dollars off of no contract price?

Global Posts
    1,000 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    My question is if you are on contract will you get 100 dollars off of no contract price?
    yup when i click the link it shows with or without new contract. 100 off a 600 dollar phone is still too damn expensive!
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,098 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampiroth View Post
    So I'm sure most by now have heard that Motorola has promised to unroll Jelly bean updated on all 2011 or newer phones, and if they don't they are going to give us $99 towards a new phone (motorola of course).

I was wondering what you guys think the chances of them bringing Jelly Bean to the droid 3 are, or if we should be getting our hopes up on an upgrade? I have 2 upgrades available on my verizon account so I'm slightly looking forward to this!

Link for those who haven't seen: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...n-rebate_en-US
    You'll have to trade-in your DROID 3 to get the $100. Motorola can decide to credit your Verizon bill instead of mailing out a $100 gift card.

Your DROID 3 might be worth more than $100 on the open market.

Because the DROID 3 isn't getting ICS, I doubt you'll see Jelly Bean from Motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I have a DROID 3 too. But we don't have ICS so don't think we will get Jelly Bean since it is based off ICS. Will need a DROID 4 for that. I think cause our phones only have 512mb of ram for phone to use is the problem. They dropped the ball on this phone an that is why the DROID 4 came out so quickly. I am hoping a announcement of a DROID 5 soon. But no info yet

Sent from my DROID3 using Android Central Forums

We know that the Droid 3 will not get Jelly Bean - Motorola has said that it will stay on Gingerbread.

See https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c