Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Limited Wallpaper Capabilities

I'm not sure how to specifically find a solution for this, but I know most droids do it and I'm not the only one annoyed... is there an app or someway to change the settings so I can have a full picture or GIF image as the wallpaper? Instead of a scaled down version of the image that swipes?

Default Re: Limited Wallpaper Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by formerghost View Post
    I'm not sure how to specifically find a solution for this, but I know most droids do it and I'm not the only one annoyed... is there an app or someway to change the settings so I can have a full picture or GIF image as the wallpaper? Instead of a scaled down version of the image that swipes?
    There are some third party launchers which allow you to do this. ADW, for example, has a setting to turn off wallpaper scrolling. (Of course, that limits the size of the wallpaper image that you can select to one that is cropped to the exact size of the screen.) I've also used LauncherPro and GoLauncher; I can't quite recall if those launchers have those settings, but they probably do.
    Thanked by:
    formerghost likes this.