- 1 Posts
Hi, I just bought my first smartphone, a Droid 3, on eBay, reconditioned. Knowing zilch about smartphones, the first thing I did once I got it charged and running was call Page Plus. Got my number ported, and when PP helped me set up, he had me bypass the Google setup wizard. Now I find I can't go back without a factory reset, which I don't want to do. I put my Yahoo email on there, and tried to get my gmail account on, but it kept telling me the email/password combo was wrong. Two questions:
1) Is it a must to be connected on Droid to my Google account and what happens if I'm not.
2) I have the Verizon manual online, and Motorola is sending me a hard copy. But I find that I need some very, very basic instruction and am wondering where to go for some simple, direct text instructions for beginners. I've been searching around for hours and haven't found the level of basic that I need.
- 09-18-2013, 03:10 AM #2
Re: Getting Started
Welcome to Android Central! If your phone isn't linked to a Google account, then you won't be able to sync data from Google account to your phone (i.e., Gmail, Google Calendar events, Google Contacts, Google Drive, etc.) and you won't be able to take advantage of the Google Play Store. You can always use the contacts synced from Yahoo, and use the Yahoo email app (or the phone's preinstalled Email app if you're able to import Yahoo mail there, although I've found that difficult if you don't have the paid premium Yahoo account), and you could also sync Facebook accounts as well.
Adding your Google account should be pretty easy. Press your menu button, then select Settings, then scroll down to the Accounts section, and tap on "+ Add account." Then follow the simple steps. If you're having problem with the phone recognizing your username/password combination, first make sure that the combination is working on your Google account using a desktop browser (just in case, for example, you're using an outdated password that you forgot you changed). The other possibility is if you're using Google's 2-step verification--that's a little more complicated.
- 09-19-2013, 12:07 AM #3
[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
- 257 Posts
I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)
- By pawanrao81 in forum Samsung Galaxy GrandReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2013, 04:47 AM
- By mat420 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2013, 12:24 AM
- By boochrisboo in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 30Last Post: 09-17-2013, 03:52 PM
- By mrfreeze574 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-16-2013, 05:11 PM
- By Darci Thomson in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:51 AM