No MEID, Baseband, Service, etc etc INFO DUMP

DataAngel

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Im going to make this as straightforward as possible. THIS IS WHERE I WILL PUT THE INFORMATION IVE GATHERED AND MY THOUGHTS ON THIS ISSUE AS THEY APPEAR. I will try various methods to revive my phone, and report results as they come. Ive already been dealing with this problem for almost 2 weeks now, so i have some information to post already. But first, the story.

I was at work one afternoon, and my battery was low. I was all "oh noes! better switch it to airplane mode so i can continue to use it as an mp3 player without it eating battery!" After i had obtained a charger, i brought it out of airplane mode and to my dismay, it would not come out! after tinkering and playing, i came to realize alot of the information in my phone status was coming up as blank or unkown including but not limited to Meid, Imei, baseband, service type, such and such.

My first post will contain all info i currently have, and i will continue to post more as i attempt more.

DataAngel

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Initially i had tried a factory reset, This returned a "Master clear error".

I then tried flashing it back to its factory such and such. This failed, in both flashing it, and in clearing anything.

At this point it was brought to my attention that a hidden partition on the phone (EDL? EDF? something like that...) May have been erased, but upon further investigation, this partition is write proof while the phone is on, and naturally cant be written to without it being connected to a computer.

It came to my attention that you could use a program (in my case CDMA tools) to write your MEID back in there, so i used hex and dec converters, and the numbers in the battery of my phone case to attempt to rewrite them in, However, in order to rewrite your phones programming, you must know your SPL code, which according to the program my phone didnt even know its own SPL. (According to verizon this SPL should have been 000000, and according to motorola, it should have been 257900) According to my phone, it was ????57. L O f***ing L.

At this point, i have tried downgrading (or upgrading) to previous versions of D3s hardware to change or force update the information on the phone, which came fruitless, and to no avail.

(Actually, which reminds me of a detail, because my phone is still capable of connecting to wifi networks, i was under the impression that it was NOT a random freak hardware failure.)

I thought id try reflashing the radio itself, to the factory img in an effort to "jump start" the hardware. This might actually be a last ditch effort however, as i may or may not just throw it in and get a new D3

happelot

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Where did you flash the radio to and what radio did you use. I have s3 us cellular and have same problem you had. No baseband no imei no sound. I have tried to flash radios in recovery but to no avail. Are they flashing to the wrong folder?