Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck on Dual Core Screen-virus?

I clicked on a website that wouldn't load. Then a msg popped up on my phone that said I had 3 new viruses. I could not download any anti-viruses at that point because it said the package size was invalid when trying to download in google play store. So I did a factory reset and now it is stuck on the dual core screen. I also tried a cache reset(no idea what that is) and it is still stuck. Is there anything I can do?? I just got this phone, super bummed. I need tech savvy help!!

Default Re: Stuck on Dual Core Screen-virus?

Welcome to Android Central! That is a bummer. I assume you bought the phone used--was it a direct transaction with a seller, or through some company? And how long was the phone working normally before this happened? I wonder if the phone was already faulty when you bought it.

How did you do the factory reset? Can you boot into the Recovery Menu and try another factory reset? Use the "Alternate Method" listed in the 2nd half of this support page: Hard Reset - DROID 3 by Motorola

Default Re: Stuck on Dual Core Screen-virus?

Quote Originally Posted by JessCoel View Post
    I clicked on a website that wouldn't load. Then a msg popped up on my phone that said I had 3 new viruses. I could not download any anti-viruses at that point because it said the package size was invalid when trying to download in google play store. So I did a factory reset and now it is stuck on the dual core screen. I also tried a cache reset(no idea what that is) and it is still stuck. Is there anything I can do?? I just got this phone, super bummed. I need tech savvy help!!
    May need to reflash firmware
    Which model is on back label under battery? XT862?
    Click on my page and find flashing with rsd lite link
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for: Droid 3 (XT862)

Sent from my Amazon Otter using Tapatalk
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)