Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

what device are you using now?

I would like to stick around for Sense 3.0 but HTC phones give me headaches with their calling capabilities.

I'm on my second Droid Incredible. Before that, I had 3 Droid Eris phones. All but one had the same problem with random loss of audio during calls. I did tech support at VZW for a couple of years and it wasn't an uncommon occurrence. If my DINC just had all the time functioning call audio and a slide out keyboard, I'd stick with it for a long time.

I have had all the VZ droids except the eris and thunderbolt( not officially a droid anyway) j/k and never had an issue with the moto call quality. I think the motos were in the top. Never had any problems with the DINC but only had it a week.

Have you had a chance to play with the X with the system update? This feels like a more refined version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by double0droid View Post
    I have had all the VZ droids except the eris and thunderbolt( not officially a droid anyway) j/k and never had an issue with the moto call quality. I think the motos were in the top. Never had any problems with the DINC but only had it a week.

Have you had a chance to play with the X with the system update? This feels like a more refined version of that.
    There was an issue with the OG Droid when it first hit the shelves, but Motorola quickly fixed that. Even the Droid Pro I used for a while had very clear audio quality.

Haven't had a chance to play with the new version of s/w on the X. Probably will try it out this weekend. Hope to see the Droid 3 soon though. Thanks again for answering my questions.

I definitely want this phone! Dumb question though, do any of the old D1 or D2 accessories fit the D3?

ROM
    Stock

I am considering coming back to the original Droid style phone. I never used the physical keyboard on the OG Droid but the Droid 3 looks very tempting. I am looking at this and the Bionic. I probably will not have LTE in my are for awhile and 3G is fast enough for everything that I use it for. Not sure though, they are both beasts in terms of design, hardware, and software.

Droid 3 LTE global plz or else no dice

Default Droid 3

This will be as close to OG Droid with the speed Iam looking for. Front and back cameras, sliding key board the works! Only question will be rooting! Count me in.

Default On the fence but the wife is a hell yes

I'm on the fence but I have to get my hands on it before I decide. My wife is a resounding hell yes. I think it is mainly due to her affinity to the slide out keyboard. Not sure when my area will get 4G but I want to have the optopn of using LTE when it becomes available. You can only do so much with 3G yet from my understanding the newer phones have a better 3G radio.

Is there a place to review the expected technical specs?

bOOm

My OG Droid is starting to punk out. This phone looks amazing! I am looking at the Bionic as well, but I think I might rather have the D3. It isn't 4G, but honestly... I rally don't think that is a big deal. I live in Philly, and the city is blanketed in LTE. However, go into any of the adjacent counties and it is gone. I'm not worried about LTE, and won't be until my NEXT next phone... lol!

Now if we could only get a solid release date...
    OG Droid > Moto Droid 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bwolf126 View Post
    I definitely want this phone! Dumb question though, do any of the old D1 or D2 accessories fit the D3?
    D3's got a 4-inch screen, so i would imagine not...

I'm moving to android for my next upgrade. I'm somewhat torn between the droid 3 and the bionic. I really wanted LTE as I think 3g is too slow for my taste, however, I do spend quite a bit of time messaging and I really don't think that I will mesh well without a physical keyboard.

I'm starting to think that I may end up goind droid 3 w/ 4g hotspot. It's not really what I want, but I have a feeling the bionic is going to suffer from battery issues just like all the other verizon 4g devices, and it's much more important to me to have a phone that works and lasts until I get home. I also don't think I'll be happy without the keyboard

*Edit

I just had some time to play with a friends android device and apparently, the blackberry is really really slow at loading webpages, hence why I was disapointed with it. Looking forward to a release date for this phone!
    Last edited by complexx; 06-08-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Sorry if this was already questioned but after skimming a bit I couldn't find any references so I figured I'd ask. I was wondering if the Droid 3 would be made compatible with the laptop dock accessory?

I don't have the laptop dock so I can not answer. sorry. I did read that moto said all future devices will have some dock features.

If any of my posts helped please press the thanks button.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Droid 3

what did you find out about the OS on the phone. The original testing had 2.3.3 but Verizon internally is saying the phone will be launched with 2.2 Froyo. If this is the case I will not purchase another phone with an outdated OS installed in it.
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

What version of MOTOBLUR it will have ?
    The "3D" like the one on the new DROID BIONIC ? (the one in the leaked videos had a similar page indicators)
    Or like the current one on the DROID X\X2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by double0droid View Post
    If any of my posts helped please press the thanks button.
    if you answer haha

but im like most others thinking 4g or not, slider or not
    right now im thinking d3, bionic (pending reviews), or galaxy s 2 (who knows when thats coming out)

I was wondering how bulky the phone was, b/c when i watched the video i was surprised to see it look so big, i know with the 4" screen it will be bigger but is it too much?

any other slab phones anyone would recommend to get right now? b/c my dumb phone is almost dead and i can upgrade right now. Want the latest and long lasting b/c it will be another 2 years for a new phone
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by smacyo137 View Post

I was wondering how bulky the phone was, b/c when i watched the video i was surprised to see it look so big, i know with the 4" screen it will be bigger but is it too much?
    Not necessarily , 4" might be the perfect size
    it looked kind big , but thiner than the Droid & the Droid 2 series

I guess we will have to wait & see it next to other phones (Droid 1 & 2)

quick note on my lunch hr.

size is great, not too big not too small. it is about the same size as other 4" screens along with the same as other droids in thickness.

Also the UI is unlike any other Moto Droid.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Broke two Samsung Impressions cuz of it being a slider. Gona stick to what I have. But its nice to see that this is real. For now....
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

What OS does your Droid 3 have loaded on it?

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Well from what Ive been googling, it appears the droid2 global is thinning out making its way for most likely this phone. If they are re-fashioning the OG Droid as the Droid3, after they have done a Droid X, Droid Pro Droid2 Global & Droid X2, they would be foolish to release this with 2.2 instead of 2.3 IMO. Even if it pushed the release date back a bit, it would be well worth the wait after what I've experienced so far on my X w GB. I just hope Verizon cools it on making Droids and brings out somethin fresh soon just to keep the deal they give us worth it all, whether u rock a Droid, non-Droid, Android device, iPho...wait no u dont rock those.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Just becauase its a new version of an older, successful phone, doesnt make it boring. I think this phone is going to be excellent.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast