Any one interested in the Droid 3?

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I like it, I would prefer a keyboard much like the Desire Z in terms of separation but the additional 5th row puts it on par. If you are looking for a keyboard on VZ you will likely be very happy.

oh ok then

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I like it, I would prefer a keyboard much like the Desire Z in terms of separation but the additional 5th row puts it on par. If you are looking for a keyboard on VZ you will likely be very happy.

I definitely am. With Verizon's unceremonious dump of the HTC Merge, I think any Desire Z variant is wishful thinking, so I'm settling at this for my next device.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
sense is nice, I really like sense 3.0, I have been running the leaked version on a rooted device but that also made it lag. I have recently found that by using some 3rd party widgets and combining it with other skins much like blur it is possible to create a nice personal skin

oh ok then

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to stick around for Sense 3.0 but HTC phones give me headaches with their calling capabilities.

I'm on my second Droid Incredible. Before that, I had 3 Droid Eris phones. All but one had the same problem with random loss of audio during calls. I did tech support at VZW for a couple of years and it wasn't an uncommon occurrence. If my DINC just had all the time functioning call audio and a slide out keyboard, I'd stick with it for a long time.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had all the VZ droids except the eris and thunderbolt( not officially a droid anyway) j/k and never had an issue with the moto call quality. I think the motos were in the top. Never had any problems with the DINC but only had it a week.

Have you had a chance to play with the X with the system update? This feels like a more refined version of that.

oh ok then

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had all the VZ droids except the eris and thunderbolt( not officially a droid anyway) j/k and never had an issue with the moto call quality. I think the motos were in the top. Never had any problems with the DINC but only had it a week.

Have you had a chance to play with the X with the system update? This feels like a more refined version of that.

There was an issue with the OG Droid when it first hit the shelves, but Motorola quickly fixed that. Even the Droid Pro I used for a while had very clear audio quality.

Haven't had a chance to play with the new version of s/w on the X. Probably will try it out this weekend. Hope to see the Droid 3 soon though. Thanks again for answering my questions.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am considering coming back to the original Droid style phone. I never used the physical keyboard on the OG Droid but the Droid 3 looks very tempting. I am looking at this and the Bionic. I probably will not have LTE in my are for awhile and 3G is fast enough for everything that I use it for. Not sure though, they are both beasts in terms of design, hardware, and software.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Droid 3

This will be as close to OG Droid with the speed Iam looking for. Front and back cameras, sliding key board the works! Only question will be rooting! Count me in.

HereComesDaBoom

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
On the fence but the wife is a hell yes

I'm on the fence but I have to get my hands on it before I decide. My wife is a resounding hell yes. I think it is mainly due to her affinity to the slide out keyboard. Not sure when my area will get 4G but I want to have the optopn of using LTE when it becomes available. You can only do so much with 3G yet from my understanding the newer phones have a better 3G radio.

Is there a place to review the expected technical specs?

bOOm :D

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
My OG Droid is starting to punk out. This phone looks amazing! I am looking at the Bionic as well, but I think I might rather have the D3. It isn't 4G, but honestly... I rally don't think that is a big deal. I live in Philly, and the city is blanketed in LTE. However, go into any of the adjacent counties and it is gone. I'm not worried about LTE, and won't be until my NEXT next phone... lol!

Now if we could only get a solid release date...

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm moving to android for my next upgrade. I'm somewhat torn between the droid 3 and the bionic. I really wanted LTE as I think 3g is too slow for my taste, however, I do spend quite a bit of time messaging and I really don't think that I will mesh well without a physical keyboard.

I'm starting to think that I may end up goind droid 3 w/ 4g hotspot. It's not really what I want, but I have a feeling the bionic is going to suffer from battery issues just like all the other verizon 4g devices, and it's much more important to me to have a phone that works and lasts until I get home. I also don't think I'll be happy without the keyboard :(

*Edit

I just had some time to play with a friends android device and apparently, the blackberry is really really slow at loading webpages, hence why I was disapointed with it. Looking forward to a release date for this phone!

Last edited:

VictoryOD

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this was already questioned but after skimming a bit I couldn't find any references so I figured I'd ask. I was wondering if the Droid 3 would be made compatible with the laptop dock accessory?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC