Droid 4 Launch - Groundhog day?

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Any coincidence this is the rumored date? If the Droid 4 pops its head out of some cranny in a Verizon store (which shall henceforth be known as the V-hole), we get a prosperous spring of many QWERTY android phones. :) If the Droid 4 doesn't pop its head out of the V-hole, we have a dark, depressing wait to finally get an LTE QWERTY phone with a decent keyboard :(

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone considering that after a few short weeks of a potentially anemic battery life a Droid4 Maxx will be released?

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
There are much different physical constraints to work with here. In a QWERTY slider, the unit is already substantially thicker to make room for the keyboard and sliding mechanism. Also, the thickness didn't increase on the RAZR MAXX so much as the shape was tweaked. No such easy moves on this more rectangular handset. I seriously doubt we'll have a thicker DROID 4 MAXX with a bigger battery anytime soon.

No DROID 4 out of the v-hole. Looks like at least another week of winter :(

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Latest rumor has it set for release Feb 9th. If that is the case I will be picking mine up about a month later. Just to see what bugs arise and if they are able to fix them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair