Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just ordered mine...

Should arrive Monday, thanks Verizon for the early upgrade! Should be a nice performance improvement over the Droid X.

So regarding Smart Actions, I currently use AutomateIt Pro and am pleased with it. Any pros/cons to using Smart Actions vs. AutomateIt Pro?

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Default Re: Just ordered mine...

How were you able to get an early upgrade? When were you do for an upgrade?

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Carrier
    OEM

Just ordered the wife one. Big upgrade over Tbolt. Hopefully its almost as cool as the OG was!

Quote Originally Posted by Unkn0wn.Ag3nt View Post
    Should arrive Monday, thanks Verizon for the early upgrade! Should be a nice performance improvement over the Droid X.

So regarding Smart Actions, I currently use AutomateIt Pro and am pleased with it. Any pros/cons to using Smart Actions vs. AutomateIt Pro?
    I've never used the app you mentioned, but Smart Actions is worth a look. It works well and is stable since it's already baked into the phone. Nice feature for Motorola to include.

Ordered mine yesterday! I'm so happy. My hubby and I were going to get matching Razr Maxx's but they wouldn't let me get the BOGO deal because his line wasn't up for an upgrade. I'm secretly very happy because I wanted the Droid 4 so much more - I HATE typing on touch screens. Sad for him, good for me, lol.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I was eligible for an early upgrade in mid-March. I called Verizon and just asked if I could upgrade early... Fortunately they said yes.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So in looking at the Smart Actions app, it looks like there is one feature missing that I use in AutomateIt Pro, and that is to disable the lock screen when connected to a Bluetooth device.

I use this to disable the lock screen when I'm in the car, I see it as a safety issue. I'd rather not use two apps to do basically similar features (AutomateIt Pro + Smart Actions) so I'll have to re-evaluate triggers and actions to see if I can accomplish this.

Even though I'm using a intercept, try Tasker. For $6 it can do a TON of things. I use on intercept and galaxy tab 7 plus.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by kcmartz View Post
    Even though I'm using a intercept, try Tasker. For $6 it can do a TON of things. I use on intercept and galaxy tab 7 plus.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
    AutomateIt Pro is like a scaled down version of Tasker, and can disable the screen lock on Bluetooth connect. I guess I just wanted one app to perform automation functionality, and since Motorola Smart Actions is baked in, it would make sense (to me anyway) just to use that.