Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid 4 Tethering?

Just picked up my Droid 4 today, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the steps that I would need to take in order to enable wifi tethering on my phone. (e.g. rooting, what apps to download). I don't know much about this type of thing so any info you can give me helps. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Droid 4 Tethering?

Rooting;
    [ROOT] How to root the Droid 4

The instructions contained in a comment to an article on wifi tether for Droid Razr worked for me;

How to Get Free 4G LTE Wifi Tether/Mobile Hotspot on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com

The comment from user Kendallhabra;
    "...download aShell and aSQLiteManager from the Market. Go into aShell, check the Root box at the top, go to File Explorer, then go to data -> data -> com.motorola.android.providers.settings -> databases -> settings.db, open it with aSQLiteManager, click Settings -> Data, click PgDn until you get to 150, click Edit, change the value to 0, then press the back button soft key until you are prompted to save the changes back in aShell, save the changes, and reboot your phone. You of course still need to have your phone rooted for this method."

One more note... I use the stock Mobile Hotspot app, did not change any settings. Whenever I tried a 3rd party wifi hotspot app, it would simply start the stock app. Also, my old dell laptop was unable to connect to this ad-hoc wifi access point but a Droid0 and Apple iTouch connected OK. Good luck.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Try the FoxFi app. It doesn't require any rooting.
    Thanked by 2:

I have just successfully tethered my galaxy tab 2 with droid 4 with an app called "wifi tether " in the play store