Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Mobile hotspot connection problem

    I have a Droid4 and I am finding that my laptop will not fully connect to my mobile hotspot if there are other wireless networks around, i.e. connects locally but no internet access. If I am in a clear area, no problems, hooks right up. I have wireless turned off. Any suggestions?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid4grandma View Post
    I have a Droid4 and I am finding that my laptop will not fully connect to my mobile hotspot if there are other wireless networks around, i.e. connects locally but no internet access. If I am in a clear area, no problems, hooks right up. I have wireless turned off. Any suggestions?
    Im having the same issue with my RazrMaxx, the issue did not start til after the last update that took place, I use it with a Xyboard and its just connects and drops within a few seconds.....sucks
  3. #3  

    Default

    This wouldn't help with the tablet but you could try downloading PDANet onto your phone and laptop. I had a ton of issues with the stock hotspot and used this application as the bridge sorta speak. It appears to be a Motorola issue since you're experiencing this on a Droid 4 and I experienced it on a RAZR.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoMaxx View Post
    Im having the same issue with my RazrMaxx, the issue did not start til after the last update that took place, I use it with a Xyboard and its just connects and drops within a few seconds.....sucks
    Sorry for the double post, but do you know anyone with a RAZR that could test their phone with your tablet? I had this same exact issue with my Thunderbolt when I tried to connect to my Xoom. I ended up selling my Xoom to a friend and her Thunderbolt had none of these issues. I'd test my RAZR on my Xyboard, but I cancelled my hotspot months ago.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Mobile hotspot connection problem

    I have no problems with my Droid 4 and my Galaxy Tab 10.1 together. Absolutely seamless.

    Using my Droid 4 tethered to my laptop, however, I find that sporadically my laptop doesn't see the phone at all. Particularly, if my laptop isn't next to my phone with WiFi turned on and searching at the time the hotspot becomes active, the hotspot SSID never shows up in the windows network list. Also, 60-70% of the time after my laptop connects it can't get an IP address from the phone. Most reliable solution is to go to a command prompt and do an ipconfig / release followed by an ipconfig / renew. Once connected with an IP address, I've never been kicked off or had any further problems.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Try Foxfi from Google Play Store.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Mobile hotspot connection problem

    Quote Originally Posted by elcheapodeluxe View Post
    I have no problems with my Droid 4 and my Galaxy Tab 10.1 together. Absolutely seamless.

    Using my Droid 4 tethered to my laptop, however, I find that sporadically my laptop doesn't see the phone at all. Particularly, if my laptop isn't next to my phone with WiFi turned on and searching at the time the hotspot becomes active, the hotspot SSID never shows up in the windows network list. Also, 60-70% of the time after my laptop connects it can't get an IP address from the phone. Most reliable solution is to go to a command prompt and do an ipconfig / release followed by an ipconfig / renew. Once connected with an IP address, I've never been kicked off or had any further problems.
    I had this same problem with my rooted Bionic, but I was completely unable to tether my W7 laptop 100% of the time. ip/confing, ip/renew completely solved the issue. I had tried pretty much every tethering app I could find, and this finally took care of it (it always showed "connected" but "no internet access". Thanks for the tip!

Posting Permissions

B