Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Droid 4 with ALL KINDS OF ISSUES? HELP!

    Naturally,i cancelled my verizon insurance and then dropped my phone a week later. I had to buy a new one on eBay. I bought a Droid 4, that came without the box. Listed as used, but tested and functionally fully/no issues. Ive bought used phones before and thought "yeah okay its fine".

    From the day it got here..its been nothing but trouble. First week...it decided to drop all connectivity for about an hour one night. No data/no signal/no nothing. Then when it claimed to come back on...it claimed to send texts, marked them as sent..but never actually sent them.

    I work in an area with spotty reception up at my job, and i sent a dozen texts 4th of july..that it marked as sent, that never came. Pulling the sim card resent all of them, a day later.

    I also receives most texts twice. Why?

    Now the calls are messed up too. This is very disconcerting because my boss calls me often on my personal cell, and she told me last time she called, it wouldnt even let her leave a message. Now it will miss a call, never ring, never tell me i missed a call, and not tell me i have a voicemail til hours later.
    Today my boyfriend texted me and when he tried to send the text it sent him a message saying "error invalid number. please resent using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code."

    I have replaced the simcard. I dont know what else to do..and its really scaring me im paying 100 a month for a phone that doesnt get half my texts or phone calls.

    Any ideas? Im desperate. and the guys ebay page says he doesnt take returns. BUT HE ALSO CLAIMED IT WORKED. Do i have good grounds here?
  2. #2  
    silverfang77's Avatar
    Lone Wolf

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid 4 with ALL KINDS OF ISSUES? HELP!

    Call VZW and ask them to reset your account on their network. If that doesn't help, file a grievance against the seller on eBay.
    Galaxy S4 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  3. #3  
    jcrome04's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Droid 4 with ALL KINDS OF ISSUES? HELP!

    Opening a dispute on ebay usually works. If not resolved ebay will refund your money anyways.

    Product not as described. Simple as that.
  4. #4  
    schatzy62's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid 4 with ALL KINDS OF ISSUES? HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by girlinthesw View Post
    Naturally,i cancelled my verizon insurance and then dropped my phone a week later. I had to buy a new one on eBay. I bought a Droid 4, that came without the box. Listed as used, but tested and functionally fully/no issues. Ive bought used phones before and thought "yeah okay its fine".
    Sorry to hear about your phone issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by girlinthesw View Post
    From the day it got here..its been nothing but trouble. First week...it decided to drop all connectivity for about an hour one night. No data/no signal/no nothing. Then when it claimed to come back on...it claimed to send texts, marked them as sent..but never actually sent them.

    I work in an area with spotty reception up at my job, and i sent a dozen texts 4th of july..that it marked as sent, that never came. Pulling the sim card resent all of them, a day later.
    Admittedly you are in a spotty reception area. That is going to cause "Connectivity Issues" and as such will mean that calls and texts may not go thru. Of course it should tell you that the text did not go out but with some of your other issues which I will discuss later is sounds as if it may be more of a system issue than a "phone" issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by girlinthesw View Post
    I also receives most texts twice. Why?

    Now the calls are messed up too. This is very disconcerting because my boss calls me often on my personal cell, and she told me last time she called, it wouldnt even let her leave a message.
    Your boss not being able to leave you a message has absolutely nothing to do with the phone itself as all the voice mail features are part of the cellular system not the phone itself. The phone only connects to the system so that you can hear them. This is a problem with your carrier.


    Quote Originally Posted by girlinthesw View Post
    Now it will miss a call, never ring, never tell me i missed a call, and not tell me i have a voicemail til hours later.
    Again this is all stuff that is due to the carrier. If you are having connectivity issues and the cellular system does not connect to your phone then you will not get the messages as they are sent by the cellular system when it see connectivity to your phone.



    Quote Originally Posted by girlinthesw View Post
    Today my boyfriend texted me and when he tried to send the text it sent him a message saying "error invalid number. please resent using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code."
    again has absolutely NOTHING to do with your phone this is a problem with the carrier.

    Quote Originally Posted by girlinthesw View Post
    I have replaced the simcard. I dont know what else to do..and its really scaring me im paying 100 a month for a phone that doesnt get half my texts or phone calls.

    Any ideas? Im desperate. and the guys ebay page says he doesnt take returns. BUT HE ALSO CLAIMED IT WORKED. Do I have good grounds here?
    First thing you need to do is call your carrier and complain.

    Now of course another phone my act a little differently and clear up some of your issues with the actual connection of the phone to the cellular system I.E. give you slightly better reception but as far as your boyfriend's text issue where it says you number is not valid and you boss not being able to leave you a message they have NOTHING to do with the phone you posses.

Posting Permissions

B