New OTA pushing now

rydo88

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
6.16.217 is the revision number. Has showed up on 2 different phones.
Is 4.0.4, Voodoo works to restore root.

Last edited:

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
To rooted users: Be sure to thaw out all bloatware, restore default boot animation ZIP file, restore the boot sound file if you renamed it to disable and temporarily unroot with Voodoo RootKeeper.

akridgej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just received ICS update 4.04 in Waycross GA without apparent glitches to a stock phone. The network also upgraded to 4G. A good day.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Still nothing to report in Central Ohio. Maybe tomorrow.

After using ICS on my TF201 for months, I'm really excited that we're finally going to be only one rev behind on the D4.

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have instructions for how to force the update? My D4 is provided by work, so I don't want to root, but if I could force the update now without doing so, that'd be great. Most everything I find online assumes a root user or some knowledge that would come from hacking the phone. If this was my own phone, that'd be great, but it's not. But I'm tired waiting for the update.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Over at Droid Life they mention clearing Google Services Framework as a technique to trick the device into pulling the update. Does anyone know what other effects this would have? Would I have to set up my Google account again?

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The method posted by mmaestro worked great. Overall very much like the update - but can't find the settings any longer to switch from LTE to 3G only, which I used on a daily basis to save battery life except when I needed the faster speed. Is this gone?

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The Droid 4 ICS update was pushed to my wife's Droid 4 today & i hope it doesn't have the issues that ICS has for my Razr Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The method posted by mmaestro worked great. Overall very much like the update - but can't find the settings any longer to switch from LTE to 3G only, which I used on a daily basis to save battery life except when I needed the faster speed. Is this gone?

Yes. I believe there is an HTC app in the market that you can use to switch from LTE/3G. I can't think of what it's called at the moment though.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The method posted seems too complicated as I read that thread. People talking about wiping and factory resets kind of scares me to want to try it.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Try Quick Settings or Quicker Settings. It has quite a few shortcuts to popular settings. Not sure if it works with ICS since i dont have it pushed out yet. Please let me know if it works.

pstokely

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I just rooted my phone but haven't uninstalled or frozen any of the bloatware on the stock, haven't gotten any OTA notification, Do I need to do a temp unroot to get the OTA notification? how do I reroot the phone after a temporarily unroot with Voodoo RootKeeper? Do I need to do a factory reset? I'm in a 4G area

Last edited:

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The method posted seems too complicated as I read that thread. People talking about wiping and factory resets kind of scares me to want to try it.
That stuff's only necessary if you've frozen/removed preinstalled apps, or have otherwise messed around with your phone. If you're running stock, the update file will install from stock recovery with no other changes required.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That stuff's only necessary if you've frozen/removed preinstalled apps, or have otherwise messed around with your phone. If you're running stock, the update file will install from stock recovery with no other changes required.

So I can do this, and my phone won't wipe or have any issues at all? I back everything up but it is a PITA when I have to do full wipes and reinstall/tweak stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan