Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant put a picture for my icon in the text message thread

Hey just wondering if anyone is having the same problem, since upgrading to ice cream sandwich in my text message threads I cant put a picture of myself or anything, instead i have to look at a blank default blue shadow guy. I made a contact of my self and i tried long pressing the picture and it just says contact doesn't exist. I looked thru all the message settings and I don't know how I can change it, any advice? I can still see my friends pictures as their icon though.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Default Re: Cant put a picture for my icon in the text message thread

In your contact list, right below the ICE contact list, the very first thing that should be listed is "ME", followed by phonebook entries for "#", then alphabetical order of "A" "B" "C" etc. You want to go to "ME" and edit it accordingly.

Making a brand new contact of yourself does not get you the picture you need. You must edit the profile listed under "ME".

If you have indeed edited "ME" and you still have issues, then we must dive further in and see what is up.