WTF?! How do you change the background color of emails?

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Since the "new" update now my emails are all black background with white text.. WTF? I didn't ask for that to be changed...

Anyone know how to change this?

There are a lot of little things different in this new update... Really not liking some of them...

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am all ears if you discover anything because I may want to do some tweaking myself. The Google search widget is white text on black background and I am not sure if I like it.. But then again maybe this will grow on us.

buffettattitude

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Some marketing fool thought it would be cute to change the background.. I agree...WTF? Does the Ipad or Kindle or for that matter ANY printer or document print on black paper with white letters? Hello Android....you cant read WHITE letters outside!!!

Im trading in my Android

Cheryl56

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
What you've suggested enables inverted mode which turns on white letters/black background. And there is no such change available in a Droid 4 anyway -

sarawee

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am all ears if you discover anything because I may want to do some tweaking myself. The Google search widget is white text on black background and I am not sure if I like it.. But then again maybe this will grow on us.
The black background is very hard on my eyes, especially at night, and extremely hard to read text. Verizon technical support was useless and said there was nothing they could do as it is a manufacturer's design. So, in my attempt to return the Droid 4 to Costco, I met a very helpful and knowledgeable sales person at their cell phone kiosk. She downloaded an app called Handcent SMS and tweaked and tweaked the colors to pink and blue for me with black lettering until I was comfortable with it. Now when I text, it asks if I want to use the default junk or Handcent. Problem solved.
Now today, the power button will not turn on or off.....will have to go back to the forum for a thread on this. My phone is only 2 months old and I love it mainly for the slide out keyboard.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The SMS screen doesn't both email, but I didn't like the email screen. Found and installed Aqua Mail, liking it so far.