No sound from speaker during music play

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the media volume is at an audible level. It seems to happen randomly when I try to play music through the phone's rear speaker. A reboot solves it. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Caped Codder

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the media volume is at an audible level. It seems to happen randomly when I try to play music through the phone's rear speaker. A reboot solves it. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks.

I had this happen with YouTube and another app. It was intermittent. One night it didn't have sound, the next it did, the third night it didn't again. A reboot solved it and I haven't figured out what caused it. Tonight I have sound.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I read something about the phone thinking headphones are plugged into the jack even when they're not. The next time it happens, I'll try plugging in my headphones and report back with the results.

PoshDriod

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have experienced this no sound problem in several apps. I must reboot the phone to hear sound. This problem needs to be fixed. I will be complaining to Motorola and Verizon.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For the first time tonight since I became a D4 owner, I had the no sound issue. I loaded up the NFL Mobile app to watch the game tonight, and no sound. Closed out, restarted the app, no sound. The third time was then the charm. Also, between the second and third times, I toggled the general phone volume up and down with the side volume rocker. This may not have had an impact, but I am throwing it out there.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problems. I've noticed that it tends to happen more when I am using the BT in the car and then turn it off without pausing the music first. I think that is what seems to be causing it for me, but I'm not sure. It's a really random problem.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
To solve this, go to Sound Settings in your settings menu and select either ringtone or notification sound. Quickly play it for a second and back out. Problem solved

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
It just happened again. I plugged in the headphones and sound came through them. When I unplugged them, there was no sound from the speaker.

When I used the Soundabout app, I had to set the media output preference to phone speaker to get sound to come out of the speaker.

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
It just happened again. I plugged in the headphones and sound came through them. When I unplugged them, there was no sound from the speaker.

When I used the Soundabout app, I had to set the media output preference to phone speaker to get sound to come out of the speaker.

If your phone has an issue where it is sending incorrect statuses of a headset being plugged in, then SoundAbout should at least let you use the phone. My phone has this issue and I have the SoundAbout settings on the default settings and my phone now has notifications/media audio working again. The Pro version helps with the phone calls.

Badex777

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Playing a ringtone via sound settings worked for me too. Suddenly I could play sound through my Bluetooth speakers. Glad I found this thread.:D

M Xalman Khan

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
When I make a call, I can hear the sound perfectly but when I play music or ringtone or anything, the sound is so low that I have to place my ear on the speaker to hear little. Sometimes the volume gets louder for 2 seconds and again its low, the speaker volume is on maximum. It never happened and the volume worked louder before too but now its not. Please help :(

ER Ringt

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
After trying resets, reinserts, and hurling various epithets in four languages (one of them unknown but handy for these circumstances) I finally got it to work. My intent was not to listen to music but to assign an MP3 as a ringtone.

Here's what I finally realized...when you have a stupid bluetooth earpiece TURNED ON all the stupid sound gets sent to the stupid earpiece...hence it seems like there's no speakers. If you want to listen to sound via speakers, even though the stupid bluetooth is on, then choose "Listen via Device" from the options button (three vertical dots at upper right).

Eduardo Rubalcava

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problems. I've noticed that it tends to happen more when I am using the BT in the car and then turn it off without pausing the music first. I think that is what seems to be causing it for me, but I'm not sure. It's a really random problem.

I'm having the same problem and can't figure out how to fix that.

bittu foru

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I wasted lot of time in fixing this issue(cleaned the jack and blowed air with my mouth into jack it worked temporarily). Finally I downloaded Soundabout app, I had to set the media output preference to phone speaker to get sound to come out of the speaker.

My HCL ME V1 tab sound issue SOLVED

Last edited by a moderator: