Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts

Default No sound from speaker during music play

Yes, the media volume is at an audible level. It seems to happen randomly when I try to play music through the phone's rear speaker. A reboot solves it. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2

Default Re: No sound from speaker during music play

Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Yes, the media volume is at an audible level. It seems to happen randomly when I try to play music through the phone's rear speaker. A reboot solves it. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks.

I had this happen with YouTube and another app. It was intermittent. One night it didn't have sound, the next it did, the third night it didn't again. A reboot solved it and I haven't figured out what caused it. Tonight I have sound.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts

I read something about the phone thinking headphones are plugged into the jack even when they're not. The next time it happens, I'll try plugging in my headphones and report back with the results.

I have experienced this no sound problem in several apps. I must reboot the phone to hear sound. This problem needs to be fixed. I will be complaining to Motorola and Verizon.

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

For the first time tonight since I became a D4 owner, I had the no sound issue. I loaded up the NFL Mobile app to watch the game tonight, and no sound. Closed out, restarted the app, no sound. The third time was then the charm. Also, between the second and third times, I toggled the general phone volume up and down with the side volume rocker. This may not have had an impact, but I am throwing it out there.

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

Had the same problems. I've noticed that it tends to happen more when I am using the BT in the car and then turn it off without pausing the music first. I think that is what seems to be causing it for me, but I'm not sure. It's a really random problem.

Try downloading an app named soundabout. It solved this issue for me.
    Thanked by:

To solve this, go to Sound Settings in your settings menu and select either ringtone or notification sound. Quickly play it for a second and back out. Problem solved

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts

It just happened again. I plugged in the headphones and sound came through them. When I unplugged them, there was no sound from the speaker.

When I used the Soundabout app, I had to set the media output preference to phone speaker to get sound to come out of the speaker.

It just happened again. I plugged in the headphones and sound came through them. When I unplugged them, there was no sound from the speaker.

When I used the Soundabout app, I had to set the media output preference to phone speaker to get sound to come out of the speaker.

If your phone has an issue where it is sending incorrect statuses of a headset being plugged in, then SoundAbout should at least let you use the phone. My phone has this issue and I have the SoundAbout settings on the default settings and my phone now has notifications/media audio working again. The Pro version helps with the phone calls.

the droid 4 has been good but I'm upgrading to a note 2
    Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forums

Playing a ringtone via sound settings worked for me too. Suddenly I could play sound through my Bluetooth speakers. Glad I found this thread.

The app worked for me. A million thanks

When I make a call, I can hear the sound perfectly but when I play music or ringtone or anything, the sound is so low that I have to place my ear on the speaker to hear little. Sometimes the volume gets louder for 2 seconds and again its low, the speaker volume is on maximum. It never happened and the volume worked louder before too but now its not. Please help

Omg thank you it worked im sooo happy!