Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email not working on Wi-Fi

When I am connected to Wi-Fi on my Droid 4 I am able to receive email for a while and then it just stops. As soon as I turn Wi-Fi OFF and use the cellular connection email starts flowing again. If I turn Wi-Fi back on, email will work for a while (sometimes hours, sometimes days) and then stop again.

I would like to be able to use email on Wi-Fi without having to constantly turn Wi-Fi on and off.

I have read several forum posts online about Android users with the same problem.

I am connecting to a corporate Exchange account. My network admin has confirmed when connected to corporate Wi-Fi all packets are internal and there is no limitation on the number of Active Sync connections. For some reason the phone has an internal Wi-Fi but AS seems to want to connect from the outside.

Does anyone have a fix? Is this a known issue and if so, is someone working on a patch for it?

Default Re: Email not working on Wi-Fi

I was going to say it sounds like a "Battery Saver Mode" issue.. Which would force stop the send/receive email notifications... HOWEVER, on a Droid X or X2, this would most likely be the issue. I'm a new Droid 4 user, just went to Apps > Settings > Battery, and I see there is no option on whether to put in "Battery Saver Mode", "Night Saver Mode" or "High Performance mode"... So sorry brother, I'd try to google hard! ;D
    Contact Info:
    AIM: TONE

"Work Hard, Play Harder!"