- 1 Posts
Email not working on Wi-Fi
When I am connected to Wi-Fi on my Droid 4 I am able to receive email for a while and then it just stops. As soon as I turn Wi-Fi OFF and use the cellular connection email starts flowing again. If I turn Wi-Fi back on, email will work for a while (sometimes hours, sometimes days) and then stop again.
I would like to be able to use email on Wi-Fi without having to constantly turn Wi-Fi on and off.
I have read several forum posts online about Android users with the same problem.
I am connecting to a corporate Exchange account. My network admin has confirmed when connected to corporate Wi-Fi all packets are internal and there is no limitation on the number of Active Sync connections. For some reason the phone has an internal Wi-Fi but AS seems to want to connect from the outside.
Does anyone have a fix? Is this a known issue and if so, is someone working on a patch for it?
- 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM #2
- 13 Posts
Re: Email not working on Wi-Fi
I was going to say it sounds like a "Battery Saver Mode" issue.. Which would force stop the send/receive email notifications... HOWEVER, on a Droid X or X2, this would most likely be the issue. I'm a new Droid 4 user, just went to Apps > Settings > Battery, and I see there is no option on whether to put in "Battery Saver Mode", "Night Saver Mode" or "High Performance mode"... So sorry brother, I'd try to google hard! ;DContact Info:
"Work Hard, Play Harder!"
- By Tommy.pool in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2011, 09:50 AM
- By BerryChoppy in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 01-04-2011, 09:46 PM
- By Chet62 in forum HTC myTouch 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 12-11-2010, 09:24 AM
- By noshooz in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 24Last Post: 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
- By iowabowtech in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 5Last Post: 06-10-2010, 02:08 PM