folks who still been using droid 4 for a long time how good is keyboard any problems

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
just a wondering how good is keyboard any of the stickers on the buttons fall off yet i got a droid r2d2 phone and 5 buttons already fell of and was thinking about getting droid 4 as my next phone however if its going to give me problems like droid r2d2 does guess can't use it i heard droid 3 keyboard also have problems with keys falling off

wll somebody please reply back asap

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
There are no stickers on the buttons. The letters are painted on, as far as I can tell.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.
ahh so if i were to get it won't be like a droid 2 if use a button on keyboard alot won't be a bubble problem button trys to fall off thus keyboard is stronger then a droid 2 correct

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be really hard for this keyboard to have keys fall off. It feels solid. I'm actually surprised that a D3 keyboard would have those problems unless someone really abused it. With enough abuse, even blackberry buttons could break.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be really hard for this keyboard to have keys fall off. It feels solid. I'm actually surprised that a D3 keyboard would have those problems unless someone really abused it. With enough abuse, even blackberry buttons could break.

well i read alot of problems with droid 3 keyboards only read so far 1 time on droid 4 i believe
i do want to continue keyboard with a droid 4 just a wondering if the buttons are stronger then a droid 2 keyboard and can stay in tact for a long time

since you said it is then i'll prob consider getting a droid 4 next phone instead going to touch screen phone like a razr maxx or galaxy s3

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had my D4 since March of this year. I use the keyboard daily. The keys still look like new. No chips or fading. Also, the slide mechanism is still as tight as when it was new. I am 100% satisfied with this phone. Will be even happier when we get the Jelly Bean update. I love JB on my N7 and I'm sure it will make the D4 even better than it already is!

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a former Droid 2 user (for 2 years), my wife owns a Droid 3, and I've got two Droid 4s (one from work). We haven't had any keyboard issues with any of them, not even the Droid 2. I will say that the keyboards on the Droid 4 are simply amazing compared to what's on the Droid 2. It's a night and day difference. After using the Droid 4 keyboard I'd never want to consider going back to the Droid 2 style, ever.

geoffisonbass

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the keys are molded with 2 types of plastic, translucent white with a black layer over top... no stickers.

I like the keyboard quite a bit and it feels very durable.

Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forums

IC3D

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The Droid 4 keyboard is immaculate. VERY SOLID it seems and is clearly big enough. Only issue I seem to see, is it is pretty big... They could of made it a little smaller, and I happen to be a pretty big guy, with large hands, and that's my only complaint. Everything else about the Droid 4 is impeccable!

PS- I also owned the Droid X and X2 for 2years WITHOUT the keyboard and the touchscreen keyboards on those are phenomenal!!

grammyone

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
just a wondering how good is keyboard any of the stickers on the buttons fall off yet i got a droid r2d2 phone and 5 buttons already fell of and was thinking about getting droid 4 as my next phone however if its going to give me problems like droid r2d2 does guess can't use it i heard droid 3 keyboard also have problems with keys falling off

wll somebody please reply back asap

I've used a Droid 2 Global and had no problems with the keys. It died about 6 weeks ago, and I got a Droid 4. I love the keyboard, but today I noticed the black background at the top of the E, A, O, and S is starting to scratch off. Really?? I don't know what to do about that!

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've used a Droid 2 Global and had no problems with the keys. It died about 6 weeks ago, and I got a Droid 4. I love the keyboard, but today I noticed the black background at the top of the E, A, O, and S is starting to scratch off. Really?? I don't know what to do about that!

now don't be telling me any stories problems with droid 4 keyboard i'm trying to hold out get it its 99 bucks right now unless get it cheap walmart doubt sam club has it

i opt not get galaxy s3 black friday could get droid razr free today but i don't know want my slider keyboard now if there's problems with keyboard on droid 4 make me double think again

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my D4 on launch day. I use the keyboard alot. So much that some of the keys & the space bar have smooth places worn into them. But the keys still work perfectly and are in no way compromised. It is the same with my laptop keys, they are worn smooth on several of them too.

The D4 keyboard is rock solid for me. My girlfriends D3 keyboard is also very good. She got hers on launch day & it shows some signs if wear, but nothing that would not be expected & nothing that compromises it in any way. Both the slider mechanism's are working great too.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Still loving mine. Very solid. Got my first one on leap day, had to get a new one b/c the volume buttons stopped working in April. 0 issues since though. I use the keyboard a lot. My only real complaint is wanting a bigger screen and one that isn't pentile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I still think the D4 keyboard is the best smartphone keyboard ever. I'm on my second personal D4 (first one the charging port went out) and I also have one issued to me from work for when I'm on call or traveling and need a hotspot. Both are still going strong. I was using my wife's D3 the other day to text one of her cousins and I wanted to kill myself, the keyboard was so bad.

Capostatuz913

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well i have the photon q.. i have experienced using the droid 4 and its a solid phone. Keyboard is great, 5 row at that.since the update from gingerbread to ics its gotten alot better like a new phone. If a physical keyboard is a must, the the droid 4 is perfect.BTW(android 4.1. Update soon)

Sent from my XT897 using Android Central Forums

Theis81

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
After almost a year of both personal and business use I am actually pretty surprised at how well the keyboard has held up. I've enjoyed the keyboard on this phone from day one, it is very solid, and is far better than any bb I've had (which is saying something). The keys are large for my fat fingers, semi-soft(ish) to the touch, and for god sakes you know when you hit a key, which is a major reason I got away from the touch screen only models.

I am also very happy with the way the sliding action has held up. I was a little concerned that the constant sliding would wear the device quickly, but it is nearly as solid as the day I bought it.

Telkar

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
While this is an old thread, I figured i would reply. I'm an extremely heavy texter, upwards of 10k/mo, over a year of use on a used Droid 4 (replaced my old Droid 2 non-global) i have a bit of paint chipping off the shift, but the keyboard still works like a champ, and I still use this phone. Just needs a good hardware full reset every half a year or so, which isn't a big deal for the age of the phone. Runs like new as long as you take care of it! I'll continue to use my Droid 4 until it falls apart, and even then, will likely buy another. Hardware keyboards are the only way i like to text.