- 3 Posts
ICS experience poll
If you've updated to ICS:
Was the experience positive or (even partially) negative?
Was your phone rooted before the update?
Was the phone modified in any other way (adding apps from Google Play doesn't count)?
Did you install ICS via the "proper" channels from VZW?
If the experience was negative at all was it installation process? Functionality? Or something else?
Thanks for your input everyone!
Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forums
- 11-14-2012, 12:43 PM #2
Re: ICS experience poll
Part positive, part negative. Negative was the removal of some small conveniences, such as the removal of two of the home screens from Gingerbread's seven and the lack of being able to jump directly from one to the other via touching the Home button. The other negative is ICS doesn't automatically update the microSD card when I add new music. SDRescan doesn't work under ICS, so I have to reboot to get it recognize new music. Also, battery life sucks unless the DRM Protected Content service is frozen.
Positives are the ability to put shortcuts together in folders, the ability to swipe away new notifications from the blind and a more stable 4G signal.
It was rooted, but I unrooted it before the update.
The upgrade caused me much grief with my microSD card until I froze DRM Protected Content, reformatted the card and added all my data back.
- By Mtikoian in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 109Last Post: 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM
- By DaleWells in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 12Last Post: 07-15-2012, 09:01 PM
- By Michael Alan Goff in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 5Last Post: 03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
- By jdg1 in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 71Last Post: 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM
- By mozy in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 59Last Post: 12-22-2011, 04:11 PM