- 1 Posts
Android Update wifi only?
Greetings from Portugal!
I am thinking in buying a Droid 4 because with ICS the GSM becomes unlocked. But what if the Droid 4 comes with Android 2.3? Is it possible to update the Android version with wifi only and not connected to any network?
- 12-23-2012, 12:11 AM #2
Re: Android Update wifi only?
You should be able to update the phone via Wi-Fi. However, I think you need to be connected to Verizon's network to either have the update pushed or pulled. They are the ones who update our phones, so I don't think you can avoid connecting to their network if you want to get ICS.
You could root the phone, and flash an ICS leak. I believe .217 is the official build. This can be done with a computer and no network. The SBF files are also available.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
- By MrBigFeathers in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM
- By TMFGO45 in forum Misc. Android TabletsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM
- By MrUmunhum in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
- By Upright in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 8Last Post: 01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
- By cstmstyle in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-25-2010, 01:06 PM