- 2 Posts
Droid 4 Won't Charge, Stuck at 0%
I bought a Droid 4 off of fleabay in the hopes of resuscitating it. The phone is in perfect condition and no water damage, but when I plug it in, the charging splash screen comes up and stays at 0%. I have made sure to use a motorola charger and cable, supplying the proper amperage and left it plugged in for 8 hours in case of deep discharge. The only thing I can get into from the power&volume-+ menu is fastboot, but it says the battery is too low to do anything.
Do the Motorola factory cables work to power the Droid 4 in fastboot? Everything I have read says they don't work for the Droid 4. Does anyone have any other suggestions to bring this thing back to life? I'm wondering if the battery is just defective.
- 12-08-2012, 11:46 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Droid 4 Won't Charge, Stuck at 0%
I fixed it! I couldn't find any Google results for this particular problem so hopefully this helps someone. If your Motorola Droid 4 is not charging and stuck on the battery icon with zero percent displayed, a Motorola "factory" cable will likely fix it, if the battery isn't dead. I used this thread to make a factory cable: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ml#post1527935
As soon as I plugged my frankenstein cable into my PC, the phone booted right up. I scored a Droid 4 in perfect condition for $50 on fleabay, and now it works! yay
- 12-09-2012, 12:59 AM #4
- By paxil in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
- By Omni181 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2011, 11:43 PM
- By paintba11er89 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 10-28-2011, 10:46 AM
- By mawgspawn in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2011, 07:18 PM
- By rodney0905 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 10-31-2010, 01:23 AM