Droid 4 Won't Charge, Stuck at 0%

techtoaster

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Droid 4 off of fleabay in the hopes of resuscitating it. The phone is in perfect condition and no water damage, but when I plug it in, the charging splash screen comes up and stays at 0%. I have made sure to use a motorola charger and cable, supplying the proper amperage and left it plugged in for 8 hours in case of deep discharge. The only thing I can get into from the power&volume-+ menu is fastboot, but it says the battery is too low to do anything.

Do the Motorola factory cables work to power the Droid 4 in fastboot? Everything I have read says they don't work for the Droid 4. Does anyone have any other suggestions to bring this thing back to life? I'm wondering if the battery is just defective.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Droid 4 off of fleabay in the hopes of resuscitating it. The phone is in perfect condition and no water damage, but when I plug it in, the charging splash screen comes up and stays at 0%. I have made sure to use a motorola charger and cable, supplying the proper amperage and left it plugged in for 8 hours in case of deep discharge. The only thing I can get into from the power&volume-+ menu is fastboot, but it says the battery is too low to do anything.

Do the Motorola factory cables work to power the Droid 4 in fastboot? Everything I have read says they don't work for the Droid 4. Does anyone have any other suggestions to bring this thing back to life? I'm wondering if the battery is just defective.
yeah i would start with trying to find someone that has the same phone or a motorola that uses the same battery if possible and try to use it , eliminate that as a cause then tak it from there

techtoaster

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I fixed it! I couldn't find any Google results for this particular problem so hopefully this helps someone. If your Motorola Droid 4 is not charging and stuck on the battery icon with zero percent displayed, a Motorola "factory" cable will likely fix it, if the battery isn't dead. I used this thread to make a factory cable: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html#post1527935

As soon as I plugged my frankenstein cable into my PC, the phone booted right up. I scored a Droid 4 in perfect condition for $50 on fleabay, and now it works! yay

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I fixed it! I couldn't find any Google results for this particular problem so hopefully this helps someone. If your Motorola Droid 4 is not charging and stuck on the battery icon with zero percent displayed, a Motorola "factory" cable will likely fix it, if the battery isn't dead. I used this thread to make a factory cable: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html#post1527935

As soon as I plugged my frankenstein cable into my PC, the phone booted right up. I scored a Droid 4 in perfect condition for $50 on fleabay, and now it works! yay
Awesome congrats :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21