My Droid is acting weird with the charger!

screamforchaos

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so basically my phone has been in the charger for a good 2 hours... and it's decreasing. IT'S CALLED A CHARGER FOR A REASON. :confused:
Anyway, I've read other forums and say I should check the port in my phone, the USB port, and all others. Yes, when I slightly move the chord, it says 'disconnected.' It shows it's 'charging' with the battery going up, but it says it's 86%... then 30 minutes when I check, it says 75%. That's not suppose to happen. PLUS, my mom just got a new charger for me from Big Lots that's for Droids. It worked wonderfully for the past week until these last couple of nights. It's extremely annoying and bothering me to the point that I want to pull my hair out.
I'm trying to fix it someway, so hopefully I don't have to get a new battery. It seems like I may have to. I've had my Droid 4G by Motorola for about a year now. I've tried blowing into the ports gently, checked the USB port to see if anything got caught in it, but I saw nothing. :-\
Is there any other way I could fix it or do I need to get a new battery? :( If I do, my mom said she'll get me one either tomorrow (Tues. of March 5) or Wednesday at the earliest.

jctennis

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it might actually be the usb port itself. If that is the case a new battery won't help. You might need to take it in for service.
The other possibility is that the charger does not have enough amperage to charge the phone faster than you are using it. Try turning it off and charging it.
Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

screamforchaos

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I did get a new battery and I still notice the battery getting lower when it's still in the charger. When I turn it off, it charges. So, I might do that.
Thank you so much!

jctennis

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Looks like you got bitten by the el cheapo charger bug. If you get yourself a Motorola branded one you should be all set. You can pick them up on amazon for less than 10 bucks.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

marie727

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Something inside your charging port is broken inside the phone itself. Take it to a store and have them look at it... btw if u constantly charging your phone it can burn the inside.. happened to me once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums