1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default after JB upgrade - colon and semi-colon replaced with angle brackets

Hi Everyone,

Anyone else see this?

Droid 4, upgraded to JB, slide out (hardware) keyboard, when attempting to use colon or semi-colon, I get angle brackets "<" and ">". Doesn't matter what app is running. SHIFT and any other key is OK, it is as though a new key map is in place.

I will be checking a buddy's recently upgraded droid 4 later today, comparing keyboard settings, just wanted to toss this out to the forum.

Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: after JB upgrade - colon and semi-colon replaced with angle brackets

After poking around.... figured it out, probably the long way.
    Noticed a file in /system/usr/keylayout/omap4-keypad.kl and thought I recognized "omap4-keypad" from a setting somewhere, and then I found it.

Settings --> Language & Input --> (Heading) Physical Keyboard:

omap4-keypad was set to English (US). When I unchecked that choice, the new setting was "default" and my colon and semi-colon have returned!

Default Re: after JB upgrade - colon and semi-colon replaced with angle brackets

YES, thank you for posting about this, it has been driving me nuts! My Shift key doesn't seem to work as a 'sticky' key, the colon/brackets were switched & Caps Lock also doesn't work. I have learned that holding down Shift works, just today!! I reset my physical keyboard settings to Default and now the Caps Lock key doesn't light up anymore...before resetting to Default it would light up but not work. Shift only works when held down w the 2nd key - BUT - my colons are back!! (sigh) I love JB & don't want to give it up!

Where do we post to get a bug fix? I believe it is just a physical keyboard issue in JB...is there a custom ROM avail? Where would I look/ask/beg LOL.

Droid 4, 4.1.2 JB ver (any other info I am happy 2 provide!)