Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

Default Battery life with Jelly Bean update

Just curious what the battery life is like for other Droid 4 users since updating to Jelly Bean.

Mine is not the best. In fact, last night, I charged it at 11 p.m. when I went to bed and it was less than 10 percent (if not 5 percent), left it on the charger until 10 a.m., and checked the battery strength, only to see it was at 80 percent.

I had Gingerbread on my phone when I got it. Never had this issue. Updated to ICS. Never had this issue. Now I have Jelly Bean and the battery life just seems to be terrible.

I did see a story recently on the AC homepage about Jelly Bean battery life for I believe the Verizon Nexus. It recommended a full wipe and fresh reboot. Is that the answer for the Droid 4?

Default Re: Battery life with Jelly Bean update

Our two D4s have seen a dramatic improvement, actually. Both units upgrade path from GB to ICS to JB. One was wiped at ICS.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

big matty,

I had to do the power/vol.down reset and all of a sudden it said I was charged up and not stuck at 80 percent. So I am going to monitor the issues and go from there. Let us hope it was a weird glitch that is fixed and that everything will be fine. But if my battery life still suffers in the day, I will examine other options and hope easy tweaks on my usage will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Cow View Post
    big matty,

I had to do the power/vol.down reset and all of a sudden it said I was charged up and not stuck at 80 percent. So I am going to monitor the issues and go from there. Let us hope it was a weird glitch that is fixed and that everything will be fine. But if my battery life still suffers in the day, I will examine other options and hope easy tweaks on my usage will fix that.
    Good luck man, sounds like you are on to something w/your device there! :-)

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My battery life has improved since the JB update. I can go an extra 2 hours now before a charge now. I used to get about 6 - 8 hours but now I get 8 - 10 consistently. I did a factory reset/data wipe after I updated. Should always do that after an OS update IMHO.
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    My battery life has improved since the JB update. I can go an extra 2 hours now before a charge now. I used to get about 6 - 8 hours but now I get 8 - 10 consistently. I did a factory reset/data wipe after I updated. Should always do that after an OS update IMHO.