- 1 Posts
shift key fail since most recent ice cream sandwich update
since the verizon ics update last week, shift key is intermittent fail.
- hard boot fixes for a while
- manual keyboard on/off in settings / data entry fixes it for a while.
- occurs in native apps most frequently, less in nonnative, affects txt, gmail, facebook
i have never used swipe and it is off. i never use softkeyboard either. note that it is present right now, hence lack of caps and 111 punctuation which expresses my dismay....
any thoughts would be appreciated, by hard boot i mean on / off not fact reset.
- 04-01-2013, 10:01 PM #2
- 160 Posts
Re: shift key fail since most recent ice cream sandwich update
That was the JB update last week . Check under About phone and you'll probably discover you are on 4.1 now.
Unfortunately, a lot of people have problems with their shift key. So far the most successful fix seems to be:
Go to Manage Apps, uninstall the Chrome updates, do not let Chrome update automatically or disable it entirely. Reboot and see if it helped.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
- 04-02-2013, 05:36 PM #3
- 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM #4
- By scott00007 in forum HTC Droid Incredible SReplies: 6Last Post: 05-25-2012, 03:57 AM
- By someone3974 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2012, 03:49 AM
- By legendarydog in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 6Last Post: 03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
- By subnoize soulja in forum Misc. Android Phone ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
- By jefboyardee in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 6Last Post: 11-03-2011, 10:50 AM