With only 4 months to go until I can upgrade my D4, I finally decided to do a factory reset. I was rooted and was running Apex Launcher; other than that I was pretty much stock. I had about 140-150 apps installed, and lately I've had to deal with significant slowdowns while using the phone. Mostly it was a 5 to 10 to 15 second lag when using apps and the phone was virtually unusable when updating apps via Google Play.
I backed up everything that was on the D4 using Titanium Backup, Google, Dropbox, and good old drag 'n drop to my Linux box. Then I popped out the microSD card and did the reset. Right now I'm beginning the new set-up and going through the initial app update process. My goal today is to making sure my essential apps are installed & updated, and from there I'll worry about root and installing the rest of my apps (and ignoring the ones I haven't used in a while).
Of course, most of the next 4 months will be spent trying to decide which phone I want to get with my upgrade!
- 11-03-2013, 10:00 PM #2
Re: Factory Reset
The D4 is like a whole new phone. And I've been VERY careful about what apps I install beyond the essential ones.
- 11-04-2013, 04:25 PM #4
- By crushalot in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 01-20-2015, 07:57 AM
- By SpookDroid in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 16Last Post: 08-01-2014, 03:54 PM
- By Jed Dungo in forum LG G2Replies: 9Last Post: 01-01-2014, 04:50 AM
- By spacesurfer75 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 11-09-2013, 06:44 PM
- By Roderick Abdilla in forum Other TabletsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-29-2013, 02:22 PM