Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fuddster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Goodbye Droid 4, Hello Moto X

I got my Droid 4 on launch day almost 2 years ago now. It has been my faithful go-to device that entire time. It has not failed me and I love the physical keyboard. In fact I am an Original Droid and Droid 2 global owner also. But, as it seems there are no more decent Android keyboard phones on the market anymore & the Droid 4 is getting a bit long in the tooth and struggling with some of my higher end games, I decided it's time to move on. My Ebony wood backed Moto X is out for delivery right now. Since I will no longer be on a contract, if Motorola decides to make another keyboard phone I will be able to swap to it if its decent enough. The only problem I've ever had with my Droid 4 is that in the last month or so it has started to only last about 2 to 3 hours on a charge. Although it has never been known as a phone with very good battery life, I used to get six or seven hours out of it if I was needing too. So, here I go into the touchscreen keyboard world. I already have a Nexus 10 that I got on launch day, so I'm practiced with touch screens already to some extent.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Goodbye Droid 4, Hello Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    I got my Droid 4 on launch day almost 2 years ago now. It has been my faithful go-to device that entire time. It has not failed me and I love the physical keyboard. In fact I am an Original Droid and Droid 2 global owner also. But, as it seems there are no more decent Android keyboard phones on the market anymore & the Droid 4 is getting a bit long in the tooth and struggling with some of my higher end games, I decided it's time to move on. My Ebony wood backed Moto X is out for delivery right now. Since I will no longer be on a contract, if Motorola decides to make another keyboard phone I will be able to swap to it if its decent enough. The only problem I've ever had with my Droid 4 is that in the last month or so it has started to only last about 2 to 3 hours on a charge. Although it has never been known as a phone with very good battery life, I used to get six or seven hours out of it if I was needing too. So, here I go into the touchscreen keyboard world. I already have a Nexus 10 that I got on launch day, so I'm practiced with touch screens already to some extent.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Congrats. Hope you enjoy the phone
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

I am!

Posted via Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

My story's pretty much the same. Picked up the Droid 4 at launch & it started lagging and losing charge regularly back in November. Instead of the Moto X, I wound up grabbing the Droid Maxx, and so far I'm happy with my choice.

Posted via Android Central App
    Evilnut likes this.