Droid 4: Charging problems.

Elcycle17

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! So Ive had my droid 4 for over a few months now. Its always worked just fine with me. Lately, it hasnt been charging right, ill plug it in before igo to sleep and when i wake up itll still be at 40% or even lower. I know its not the outlet and im pretty sure its not the charger (although it could be). What do you guys suggest i do? Get a new phone? Take it to the cell phone repair place and have it fixed? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Charging problems.

Hey guys! So Ive had my droid 4 for over a few months now. Its always worked just fine with me. Lately, it hasnt been charging right, ill plug it in before igo to sleep and when i wake up itll still be at 40% or even lower. I know its not the outlet and im pretty sure its not the charger (although it could be). What do you guys suggest i do? Get a new phone? Take it to the cell phone repair place and have it fixed? Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the forums!
Easiest way to test the charger is use the one you think may be faulty and try charging another device. If it charges the other device, then it isn't the charger. Or take a different charger and try charging your phone. If it still doesn't charge it is either the battery or the charging port.

Elcycle17

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
Easiest way to test the charger is use the one you think may be faulty and try charging another device. If it charges the other device, then it isn't the charger. Or take a different charger and try charging your phone. If it still doesn't charge it is either the battery or the charging port.

Is the charge port an easy fix? Im pretty sure i could fix the battery, but I have no idea how easy a charge port would be, it seems fairly easy, but I havnt worked on a droid 4 before.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Is the charge port an easy fix? Im pretty sure i could fix the battery, but I have no idea how easy a charge port would be, it seems fairly easy, but I havnt worked on a droid 4 before.

Going to be honest, I don't know. Typically anything directly connected to the hardware may be more intricate than it seems. Often times, other parts get damaged just getting to the part you need to replace.

Elcycle17

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Going to be honest, I don't know. Typically anything directly connected to the hardware may be more intricate than it seems. Often times, other parts get damaged just getting to the part you need to replace.
Yeah. Would it be a better idea to get just a whole new unit or get it repaired? I would think the prices would be about the same, depending on where I go.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Yeah. Would it be a better idea to get just a whole new unit or get it repaired? I would think the prices would be about the same, depending on where I go.

Wouldn't hurt to ask around.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781