Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default DROID MAXX Specs

    Dimensions
    SIZE: 71.2mm (x) x 137.5mm (y) x 8.5mm (z)
    WEIGHT: 167g
    DISPLAY: 5"

    Display
    720x1280, 5" Super AMOLED

    Network
    Network: LTE, CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS( 850/900/1900/2100), HSDPA 42.2 Mbps (Category 20), HSUPA 5.76 Mbps

    Operating System
    Android 4.2, Jelly Bean

    Memory / Processor
    Processor: 1.7 GHz Dual Core with Quad–Core Graphics, attention hub, & 2GB of RAM
    4FF preinstalled SIM
    Memory: 32GB interal memory (formatted capacity less)

    Battery
    Battery: Non–removable 3500 mAh Li–Ion
    Usage: Up to 48 hours OR
    Standby Time: Up to 25 days

    SAR
    SAR: Head 1.54 W/kg / Body–worn 0.32 W/kg

    Camera
    10MP RGBC camera with quick capture

    Video
    1080p HD Video capture, up to 60FPS
    2MP Full HD Recording Front Facing Camera
    Video Formats: H.263, H.264, MPEG4, RV v10, RV v9, WMV v10, WMV v9

    Bluetooth 4.0
    Bluetooth® 4.0 LE +EDR, Bluetooth Class 2
    Bluetooth® Profiles Supported: Stereo (A2DP), Serial Port Profile, Object Push (vCard & vCalendar only) Profiles, A2DP, AVRCP, BPP, DUN, FTP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, NAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP

    Sources: Motorola, Verizon
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. #2  
    Averix's Avatar

    Posts
    653 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on most

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Different details on Motorola's site. Slightly different description of the pieces of the X8.
    X8 Details
    Moto's MAXX spec page
  3. #3  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    They also list the Maxx as having wireless charging capability.
  4. #4  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,431 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    And Verizon's site is listing it as a 2150 battery. I think they got the Ultra info under the Maxx.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    And Verizon's site is listing it as a 2150 battery. I think they got the Ultra info under the Maxx.
    I pulled these specs from the Verizon site. 3500 mAh.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  6. #6  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,431 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I pulled these specs from the Verizon site. 3500 mAh.
    Ah, looks like its fixed now. Maybe I was reading it wrong before.
  7. #7  
    punman's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Not impressed with the resolution on a screen this size.
    Toys:
    Rezound
    gTablet
    Transformer
  8. #8  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Not impressed with Hd?

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    tpdtopcop's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by punman View Post
    Not impressed with the resolution on a screen this size.
    720p. I agree
  10. #10  
    yenyob's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    I'm excited to see the reviews of this phone. I've had nice phones with garbage cameras so I'm hoping they finally got it right with this one. My Note 2 takes great pictures(for my needs) so I hope it compares. I could care less about the MP as it has 10. I just want quality.
  11. #11  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by yenyob View Post
    I'm excited to see the reviews of this phone. I've had nice phones with garbage cameras so I'm hoping they finally got it right with this one. My Note 2 takes great pictures(for my needs) so I hope it compares. I could care less about the MP as it has 10. I just want quality.
    You will see a pretty significant drop in display quality. Even thought the Note 2 has the same resolution on a bigger screen, the Note 2 is RGB AMOLED, which is a rarity. The NONRGB AMOLED on the DROID MAXX will leave MUCH to be desired.

    Everything else seems fine though, except MicroSD.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
    You will see a pretty significant drop in display quality. Even thought the Note 2 has the same resolution on a bigger screen, the Note 2 is RGB AMOLED, which is a rarity. The NONRGB AMOLED on the DROID MAXX will leave MUCH to be desired.

    Everything else seems fine though, except MicroSD.
    That's another reason I can't switch. I really want to because the phone looks great but I was not a big fan of Motorola displays. Is this how Motorola gets so much battery life out of their devices?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  13. #13  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    That's another reason I can't switch. I really want to because the phone looks great but I was not a big fan of Motorola displays. Is this how Motorola gets so much battery life out of their devices?
    They get lots of battery life from a big battery. I honestly don't understand why other manufactures don't slam a 3000+ mah battery in their phones. It only makes the MAXX 1mm larger...


    AMOLED is an AWFUL AWFUL technology made by Samsung, which is why it's in all their phones...and it SUCKS. Sure it has deep blacks and punchy colors, but the clarity is AWFUL.

    IPS>SLCD>>>>RGBAMOLED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AMOLED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PenTile.

    Give me an Verizon Google Edition HTC One MAXX with microSD and a flip up antenna!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Well yes its the battery size but I would imagine the mediocre screen would help the life. I'm with you in your wish though. Well, minus then flip antenna. Ha

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  15. #15  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Well yes its the battery size but I would imagine the mediocre screen would help the life. I'm with you in your wish though. Well, minus then flip antenna. Ha
    Signal Signal Signal.

    "Can you hear me now?"

    "Always!"
  16. #16  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
    Signal Signal Signal.
    I haven't had any signal issues with my Note II or really any other phone for the most part so I don't need it. I know where you're coming from though.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  17. #17  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I haven't had any signal issues with my Note II or really any other phone for the most part so I don't need it. I know where you're coming from though.
    Every Samsung phone I've ever owned (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, S2, S3, S4) has had horrible signal and was returned because of it...except the Note 2, which IMO was on par with the MAXX HD in terms of signal strength...battery life too. I just wasn't a huge fan of it's enormous size.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
    Every Samsung phone I've ever owned (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, S2, S3, S4) has had horrible signal and was returned because of it...except the Note 2, which IMO was on par with the MAXX HD in terms of signal strength...battery life too. I just wasn't a huge fan of it's enormous size.
    The enormous size is one thing I liked but now I'm growing tired of it. However, my options are limited because I want good signal, battery life and a display worth looking at. Seeing as you mentioned the Note II is the only Samsung with a decent screen + signal that leaves the S4 out. And my experience with the Maxx HD was that the screen was awful in low light situations. I was hoping this new Droid Maxx would have a better display but I guess I'm sticking with the Note.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  19. #19  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,431 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    I will take longer battery life along with mediocre screen over mediocre battery life with superb screen. Too bad they can't combine them in one phone.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    bp3dots and Ry like this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Does anyone else feel like once these new Droids are released, their will be a Droid Ultra HD Maxx version just come out a couple months after. I've been burned by Motorola with the Bionic as others were with the Razr before and am not sure if I want to upgrade knowing something better is just around the corner.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by tvue83 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like once these new Droids are released, their will be a Droid Ultra HD Maxx version just come out a couple months after. I've been burned by Motorola with the Bionic as others were with the Razr before and am not sure if I want to upgrade knowing something better is just around the corner.
    By DROID ULTRA HD MAXX, are you implying we may get 1080 variants of the DROID ULTRA and DROID MAXX rather quickly?

    For the record, as a Bionic owner I never felt burned by the release of the RAZR. The Bionic was probably two to three months late. That wasn't going to push back the release of the RAZR.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by tvue83 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like once these new Droids are released, their will be a Droid Ultra HD Maxx version just come out a couple months after. I've been burned by Motorola with the Bionic as others were with the Razr before and am not sure if I want to upgrade knowing something better is just around the corner.
    Doubtful, I also look at the original RAZR Maxx as a rarity and it was done so Motorola could also claim they had the thinnest phone. In this case you're given three choices right out of the gate so nothing will change. You may get lucky and see a 1080 version next year but not before that. By next year I mean next fall when the second generation Droid Ultra and Maxx will launch.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  23. #23  
    Arelunde's Avatar
    TECHFAN

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Apparently there isn't anything but an all-black device being offered. Does that have to do with the materials used in the case? Also, anyone have a clue to 3rd party cases for the Droid Maxx? Doesn't seem to be any yet.
    Always learning ...
  24. #24  

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
    Apparently there isn't anything but an all-black device being offered. Does that have to do with the materials used in the case? Also, anyone have a clue to 3rd party cases for the Droid Maxx? Doesn't seem to be any yet.
    No clue but I hope CruzerLite offers their case soon. By far the best TPU case I've ever used on a phone. The only reason I'm not using one on my Note II is because Samsung offers a sleek case of their own.
  25. #25  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: DROID MAXX Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    No clue but I hope CruzerLite offers their case soon. By far the best TPU case I've ever used on a phone. The only reason I'm not using one on my Note II is because Samsung offers a sleek case of their own.
    Diztronic makes the best TPU cases I've used.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Droid Razr Maxx not charging
    By rudedogg9999 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 02:12 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 07:56 AM
  3. Droid X2 Backlight not working
    By rjkolo in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
  4. What features will make up for the average specs?
    By hodan in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 01:53 AM
  5. Would the droid dna be a good trade for the note 2
    By kageneko in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions