DROID MAXX Specs

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Dimensions
SIZE: 71.2mm (x) x 137.5mm (y) x 8.5mm (z)
WEIGHT: 167g
DISPLAY: 5"

Display
720x1280, 5" Super AMOLED

Network
Network: LTE, CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS( 850/900/1900/2100), HSDPA 42.2 Mbps (Category 20), HSUPA 5.76 Mbps

Operating System
Android 4.2, Jelly Bean

Memory / Processor
Processor: 1.7 GHz Dual Core with Quad?Core Graphics, attention hub, & 2GB of RAM
4FF preinstalled SIM
Memory: 32GB interal memory (formatted capacity less)

Battery
Battery: Non?removable 3500 mAh Li?Ion
Usage: Up to 48 hours OR
Standby Time: Up to 25 days

SAR
SAR: Head 1.54 W/kg / Body?worn 0.32 W/kg

Camera
10MP RGBC camera with quick capture

Video
1080p HD Video capture, up to 60FPS
2MP Full HD Recording Front Facing Camera
Video Formats: H.263, H.264, MPEG4, RV v10, RV v9, WMV v10, WMV v9

Bluetooth 4.0
Bluetooth? 4.0 LE +EDR, Bluetooth Class 2
Bluetooth? Profiles Supported: Stereo (A2DP), Serial Port Profile, Object Push (vCard & vCalendar only) Profiles, A2DP, AVRCP, BPP, DUN, FTP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, NAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP

Sources: Motorola, Verizon

Last edited:

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited to see the reviews of this phone. I've had nice phones with garbage cameras so I'm hoping they finally got it right with this one. My Note 2 takes great pictures(for my needs) so I hope it compares. I could care less about the MP as it has 10. I just want quality.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited to see the reviews of this phone. I've had nice phones with garbage cameras so I'm hoping they finally got it right with this one. My Note 2 takes great pictures(for my needs) so I hope it compares. I could care less about the MP as it has 10. I just want quality.
You will see a pretty significant drop in display quality. Even thought the Note 2 has the same resolution on a bigger screen, the Note 2 is RGB AMOLED, which is a rarity. The NONRGB AMOLED on the DROID MAXX will leave MUCH to be desired.

Everything else seems fine though, except MicroSD. :'(

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You will see a pretty significant drop in display quality. Even thought the Note 2 has the same resolution on a bigger screen, the Note 2 is RGB AMOLED, which is a rarity. The NONRGB AMOLED on the DROID MAXX will leave MUCH to be desired.

Everything else seems fine though, except MicroSD. :'(

That's another reason I can't switch. I really want to because the phone looks great but I was not a big fan of Motorola displays. Is this how Motorola gets so much battery life out of their devices?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
That's another reason I can't switch. I really want to because the phone looks great but I was not a big fan of Motorola displays. Is this how Motorola gets so much battery life out of their devices?
They get lots of battery life from a big battery. I honestly don't understand why other manufactures don't slam a 3000+ mah battery in their phones. It only makes the MAXX 1mm larger...

AMOLED is an AWFUL AWFUL technology made by Samsung, which is why it's in all their phones...and it SUCKS. Sure it has deep blacks and punchy colors, but the clarity is AWFUL.

IPS>SLCD>>>>RGBAMOLED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AMOLED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PenTile.

Give me an Verizon Google Edition HTC One MAXX with microSD and a flip up antenna!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well yes its the battery size but I would imagine the mediocre screen would help the life. I'm with you in your wish though. Well, minus then flip antenna. Ha

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any signal issues with my Note II or really any other phone for the most part so I don't need it. I know where you're coming from though.
Every Samsung phone I've ever owned (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, S2, S3, S4) has had horrible signal and was returned because of it...except the Note 2, which IMO was on par with the MAXX HD in terms of signal strength...battery life too. I just wasn't a huge fan of it's enormous size.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Every Samsung phone I've ever owned (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, S2, S3, S4) has had horrible signal and was returned because of it...except the Note 2, which IMO was on par with the MAXX HD in terms of signal strength...battery life too. I just wasn't a huge fan of it's enormous size.

The enormous size is one thing I liked but now I'm growing tired of it. However, my options are limited because I want good signal, battery life and a display worth looking at. Seeing as you mentioned the Note II is the only Samsung with a decent screen + signal that leaves the S4 out. And my experience with the Maxx HD was that the screen was awful in low light situations. I was hoping this new Droid Maxx would have a better display but I guess I'm sticking with the Note.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I will take longer battery life along with mediocre screen over mediocre battery life with superb screen. Too bad they can't combine them in one phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tvue83

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else feel like once these new Droids are released, their will be a Droid Ultra HD Maxx version just come out a couple months after. I've been burned by Motorola with the Bionic as others were with the Razr before and am not sure if I want to upgrade knowing something better is just around the corner.