Spec which is better Droid Ultra Maxx or HTC One?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't played with a Maxx yet, but jus ton the spec sheet 1080p screen and Zoes are the only things in the One's win column, with battery life, software and processing power seems to be in the Maxx's column.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, first off are you talking about the Droid Ultra or Droid Maxx? They're different devices.

Comparing the Maxx would be tough.

HTC One
- Better, 1080 display
- Front facing speakers
- Beautiful aluminum build
- Likely better lowlight camera
- Powerful Snapdragon 600

Droid Maxx
- 3500mAh battery
- Proper button arrangement
- Larger display (though only 720p)
- Wireless charging
- Eight core proprietary CPU/GPU
- Kevlar build, water-resistent coating

Both HTC and Motorola offer their own software experiences. Lots of the new tech in the Droid lines sounds more practical than the gimmicky stuff in the GS4, though Zoes on the One are intriguing.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would love to buy this phone. The screen isn't pentile is it? I've been using a Galaxy Note II and I'm ready to go back to Motorola if this phone has the same build quality as the RAZR HD.

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of button arrangement, since the Maxx has capacitive buttons, how will it handle the menu button on apps that don't have the menu button built into the app? Are we going to get the HTC black bar menu? I hope not.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of button arrangement, since the Maxx has capacitive buttons, how will it handle the menu button on apps that don't have the menu button built into the app? Are we going to get the HTC black bar menu? I hope not.

I was surprised they didn't keep the on screen buttons and make the screen even a little larger with that space.

tpdtopcop

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The maxx is only 720p. I have the one on att but switching back to Verizon because of signal issues where I live so was thinking either maxx or HTC one. The ones screen is phenomenal and don't think 720p of maxx will be as good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke