Why isn't this coming out with 4.3?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Why doesn't one of their new flagship phones ship with the latest OS? I'd like to think it will come soon hopefully.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
it's because OEM android devices rely on manufacturer updates as well as carrier-issued ones as well for firmware. Nexus devices received the 4.3 update already since they receive their updates directly from Google and they run stock vanilla android unlike OEM handsets where the manufacturer has to include their software and OEM skin to Android before rolling out the new firmware.

Buzzkillington32

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It seems rather dumb that this phone won't come with the latest Os version and will most likely take months before it will even see it.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You realize that 4.3 was just announced yesterday and these phones have been in testing for a long time, right? If you want 4.3, then they'd have to start with testing all over again and the phones would be delayed until the fall.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
You realize that 4.3 was just announced yesterday and these phones have been in testing for a long time, right? If you want 4.3, then they'd have to start with testing all over again and the phones would be delayed until the fall.
Think they've been in testing before Google started testing the Nexus 4 on 4.3?

Google needs to produce a premium Motorola made Nexus device on every carrier and handle updates themselves.

If Apple can do it, why not Google?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol despite popular belief, Motorola/=Google.

They have to wait for access to the software just like everyone else I imagine. Then they have to make it work on their hardware, add their skin, and make it work with all that lovely droid bloat everyone loves.

Sent from my SCH-I535

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol despite popular belief, Motorola/=Google.

They have to wait for access to the software just like everyone else I imagine. Then they have to make it work on their hardware, add their skin, and make it work with all that lovely droid bloat everyone loves.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Im sorry I just have to say it but saying that motorola doesnt equal google is far from the truth. Google and motorola are very connected. The company has a google ceo influence on products comes from google and the fact that motorola is a google owned company, google needs to make it profitable now.

Motorola has had 4.3 probably for just as long as it has been in testing on the nexus devices so id say it isnt entirely impossible to not see 4.3 launch on the droids or be pushed as an ota shortly after release.

Remember google cant just come out and say that one company is getting preferential treatment over the rest but they sure can do it and say they dont.

Buzzkillington32

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Im sorry I just have to say it but saying that motorola doesnt equal google is far from the truth. Google and motorola are very connected. The company has a google ceo influence on products comes from google and the fact that motorola is a google owned company, google needs to make it profitable now.

Motorola has had 4.3 probably for just as long as it has been in testing on the nexus devices so id say it isnt entirely impossible to not see 4.3 launch on the droids or be pushed as an ota shortly after release.

Remember google cant just come out and say that one company is getting preferential treatment over the rest but they sure can do it and say they dont.

Though I do agree with you here. It will still take months to get Verizon to green light the update and push it out. By then they will be announcing 5.0 and then the wait is on again. From what I read, part of the wait is waiting for the processor manufacturers to pass along the approved software packages to the OEM's. From their that's when it gets passed to the carriers for testing. Its really annoying that Apple out shines everyone in this department. I wish Android could pull off the quick updates.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
people complaining about moto not having 4.3, let me try to explain you a bit.

Google before Motorola purchase:
Android code wont be available to any of the OEM(Samsung,HTC,Moto,Sony etc) before Google announces it, just like 4.3 was announced 2 weeks ago.
Once the code is released to public all OEM take the code and update the phone.

Google after Motorola purchase:
Imagine Google giving Motorola preferential treatment by giving code early to them!
OEM's like Samsung,HTC,Sony etc will be pissed!!! Samsung still sells about 80% of all Android smartphone.
This will force Samsung to move to other OS. Google don't want to do this since Samsung is still their biggest partner and Google is trying to play fair!
Remember all those article that complained about this when Google announced Moto purchase??

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Having done SOAKS in the past for Moto and Google, I would suggest that the most recent hardware by Motorola WILL be updated as soon as possible. If you test Beta operating systems. you would know there are infinite little glitches depending on the device and the OS that can be major issues for mainstream.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
people complaining about moto not having 4.3, let me try to explain you a bit.

Google before Motorola purchase:
Android code wont be available to any of the OEM(Samsung,HTC,Moto,Sony etc) before Google announces it, just like 4.3 was announced 2 weeks ago.
Once the code is released to public all OEM take the code and update the phone.

Google after Motorola purchase:
Imagine Google giving Motorola preferential treatment by giving code early to them!
OEM's like Samsung,HTC,Sony etc will be pissed!!! Samsung still sells about 80% of all Android smartphone.
This will force Samsung to move to other OS. Google don't want to do this since Samsung is still their biggest partner and Google is trying to play fair!
Remember all those article that complained about this when Google announced Moto purchase??

But Samsung and HTC should have relatively earlier access to it now since they have GPe phones. :)