Moto X Vs. Maxx

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Since the customization is not really important to me, would there be any reason to not get the Maxx (or Ultra) over the Moto X? Id gladly pay an extra $50 for a larger screen and larger battery. Everything else is exactly the same, right?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Since the customization is not really important to me, would there be any reason to not get the Maxx (or Ultra) over the Moto X? Id gladly pay an extra $50 for a larger screen and larger battery. Everything else is exactly the same, right?

I have not seen a reason yet. All the main features appear to be identical. With the MAXX you get

3500 mah battery
Wireless charging
32 GB
Slightly larger screen

With the Moto X you get a nicer form factor and eventually 32 GB and customization on VZW.

The MAXX is $100 more on contract compared to the 16 GB Moto X that will be available at launch on VZW.

sahmd

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm deciding between these two as well. The X is prettier, but the Maxx has all the storage/battery/charging advantages.

Do you think that the X will receive updates sooner than the Ultra line? (I'll be on Verizon regardless of which phone I choose)

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Between the 2 I would go with the Maxx.

More Storage 32GB (Moto X on VZW won't get this till ????)
Bigger Battery 3500Mah
Wireless Charging.

Droid Does!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Read the fine print. I started to do something similar from a different place for my GNex. After waiting a month after release, I canceled it simply because I didn't want to wait any longer.

Fine print with Wirefly:

When you sign up for wireless carrier service through Wirefly, we discount your phone purchase price by an Equipment Discount amount ranging from $200 to $300. By ordering through Wirefly, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, if you:

* Fail to pay your balance due to your carrier each month
* Disconnect this line of service
* Transfer this equipment to another line of service
* Change your carrier service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate plan
* Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase
* Transfer/port an existing phone number from another account if this is a new line of service
* Replace an existing account with this account if this is a new line of service
* Return or exchange your phone and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage

The equipment discount. The cell phone that we offer free or at a significant discount may have cost Wirefly several hundred dollars or more. Since we are only able to offer you such great equipment discounts because of our commission-based business model, when you order from Wirefly you agree to be charged the phone?s full cost if the carrier reports to us that you broke your cell phone contract, or if you return a phone and it?s been damaged in some way. This protects both Wirefly and the carriers from fraud, and allows us to continue to offer the great deals we are known for.

My understanding is that last part is separate from the ETF you'd pay Verizon. Saving a $100 may not be saving $100 in the long run.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Pretty much.

You do get a lower PPI since the MAXX has a 5" display.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Early impressions of the X are poo pooing the camera. I am expecting the same on the MAXX. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Early impressions of the X are poo pooing the camera. I am expecting the same on the MAXX. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Eeer really? I don't need a camera to be great but it sure as heck better be better then the RAZR HD which was terrible.

I won't let a camera stop me since I mainly use it for depositing checks at my bank but still. The RAZR made that rather difficult at times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope the camera is better than the Bionic's. I had the Droid X prior to the Bionic and the DX's stock camera was GREAT. The Bionic was awful. I'm hoping improvements have been made by this time for the DM. I hope some DMs are made available for review soon. There's all kinds of hype for the Moto X but a great silence for the Droid Trio.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope the camera is better than the Bionic's. I had the Droid X prior to the Bionic and the DX's stock camera was GREAT. The Bionic was awful. I'm hoping improvements have been made by this time for the DM. I hope some DMs are made available for review soon. There's all kinds of hype for the Moto X but a great silence for the Droid Trio.

The pictures coming out of reviews seem to be better than the Bionic's.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I returned my Bionic for my GNex because the camera was truly terrible. I just got the Bionic because I didn't know when VZ was going to release the GNex. I should have taken that as a sign for the days to come......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I returned my Bionic for my GNex because the camera was truly terrible. I just got the Bionic because I didn't know when VZ was going to release the GNex. I should have taken that as a sign for the days to come......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep. The whole Bionic experience was a disaster - going from flagship to outmoded in a month or so. Interesting, though, I passed my Bionic to a family member who is STILL using it quite successfully! So it was a solid build, if nothing else.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Yep. The whole Bionic experience was a disaster - going from flagship to outmoded in a month or so. Interesting, though, I passed my Bionic to a family member who is STILL using it quite successfully! So it was a solid build, if nothing else.

Still using it here! My first smartphone and I've modded the living hell out if it and enjoyed just about all of it. The community development is/was the bionic's saving grace

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I too was weighing Moto X vs Maxx, and the Maxx won for 2 reasons:

- limited options and too many unknowns in the near future for the Moto X on Verizon (AT&T exclusive 32gb, no solid release date, not clear what options there will be at release)
- huge battery in the Maxx

I don't really care about the screen size difference, don't care much about the capacitive buttons (but would prefer not to have them), not wowed by the kevlar. Some of the color options for the Moto X could be worth a little something to me, but not when I don't know the options, and I really like the idea of the bigger battery. Plus I need a phone sooner rather than later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX