Who's pre-ordered and what phone are you coming from?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Its now 14 days.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

You have 14 days to return and exchange from Verizon and have the contract reversed.

If you just wanted to exchange the phone, certain third party like Costco allows exchanges until 90 days. You can also return until 90 days, but your contract is locked after 14 days

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do I remember correctly best buy gives 30days?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Best Buy is 15 day return or exchange, 60 days if silver member. Although after 14 days your contract is locked.

It was 30 days but around the beginning of March, in an effort to end showrooming, best buy reduced the return period from 30 to 15 days. Along with other customer unfriendly policies.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Still deciding between the MAXX or the G2 but will be retiring my GNexus... I had a love and hate relationship with this phone for the past 20 months

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Devnick

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Pre ordered on Wirefly. :) Coming from Droid Bionic 32gig. It's served me well, but it's time.
I rooted with Cyanogenmod 6 months ago to extend it's life a little.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Myself.. ordered and coming from iPhone 5.

I'm coming from an iPhone 5, which functions perfectly well, to the Droid Maxx. I like to keep up with the different OS's and I don't think the 5S (or whatever they call it) will be a major change. Why are you leaving the Apple core?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am going to order tomorrow (when my upgrade hits), and I am coming from a Galaxy Nexus. I am stoked for active notifications and battery life.

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Will do - however, I believe our specific contract with them allows 30 days -

"Business and Government customers: The terms and conditions of the Return & Exchange Policy, including the return period, may vary by contract. Please contact your Verizon Wireless Account Manager or refer to your contract to determine the applicable terms and conditions."

Truth be told, our rep is flaky - so I will definitly make sure he double checks and provides me with some assurance.

Can you ask him for a link to Verizon website stating this? The only thing I can find states 14 days

Return Policy & Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Will do - however, I believe our specific contract with them allows 30 days -

"Business and Government customers: The terms and conditions of the Return & Exchange Policy, including the return period, may vary by contract. Please contact your Verizon Wireless Account Manager or refer to your contract to determine the applicable terms and conditions."

Truth be told, our rep is flaky - so I will definitly make sure he double checks and provides me with some assurance.

Ah, yes, business and government customers may have different terms. I just didn't want to confuse the regular customers into believing that they can return/exchange after 14 days

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I didn't really pre-order, but signed up for another 2-year contract with a local authorized retailer that can keep my unlimited data, and got my wife a new feature phone right away. I'll stroll in Monday & hopefully pick mine up. Coming from a Droid Razr.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I am going to order tomorrow (when my upgrade hits), and I am coming from a Galaxy Nexus. I am stoked for active notifications and battery life.

Same here. Coming from GNex. I wanted to wait until I saw the One and Moto X. Since customization isn't coming to Verizon until November for the X and nobody knows when the One will come I'm choosing the Maxx. Can't wait any longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Coming from GNex. I wanted to wait until I saw the One and Moto X. Since customization isn't coming to Verizon until November for the X and nobody knows when the One will come I'm choosing the Maxx. Can't wait any longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

What about the LG G2?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling I will try the maxx, g2 and moto x.. hopefully by then either a) I will like one or b) the nexus 5 will be announced or c) ill stick with the gnex (provided its still in one piece)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol