And then there was the G2...

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So how about the LG G2? Better larger screen, although the phone gets larger a little as well. That bezel is razor thin. I'm holding out to see how the battery life is in comparison with ite 3000mAh battery. Do you think that the 3000 battery on the G2 will last longer than the 3300 on the RMHD with the phone being more efficient, although maybe not as long as the Droid Maxx? I'd firmly decided on the Maxx until I got a glimpse of that pretty white G2 today.

Thoughts?

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the Maxx has the better battery but the G2 might be good enough to last the whole day, which is plenty for most. It's a tough decision, I love the active display, the battery and the always on feature of the Maxx. The G2 has the sexy screen, above average battery, the knock, knock feature and the weird volume /power placement along with most here would consider high end specs. I think it's a win win either way you go. For me, the battery and touchless controls sways me to the Maxx. I mean what good is all this tech if I'm always running low on battery?

Posted via Android Central App

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Plus it's just cool to talk to your phone and have it respond with the appropriate answer or do what you told it to do. All without touching the phone!!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Pushing more pixels is hard work. Standby I imagine will be similar, but you have a much heavier OS on LG and a lot more pixels. I'd like to see both in action before judging that one.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that LG rates the battery at 1.2 days which is 28.8h. Certainly far less than the 48h MAXX battery rating. If it can last about the same as my current RMHD though I'd be happy. Moto rates the RMHD at 32h. I really am sold on the battery life of the Droids so it will be a tough call if I can talk myself into a shorter battery life for the sexy screen and all. The knock knock is cool, camera seems better (although there aren't really samples yet), screen seems far better, and I do love the white option. The rear buttons might be interesting. Taking a selfie is sometimes difficult holding the phone and getting your thumb maneuvered to press the screen shutter button. Hopefully the thing will be out soon as I was planning on having a new phone on Aug 20th. It is a little larger than the Maxx though, which is already larger enough than my RMHD. At some point they start to get too big, although that keeps seeming to get more and more relative. The things dwarf an iphone5.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The G2 is nice, extremely nice in the screen (1080 LCD), audio (24 bit high quality DAC) & battery department (3000mah), but I'm not so sure on the button placement, onscreen buttons or heavy handed skin.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the Maxx has the better battery but the G2 might be good enough to last the whole day, which is plenty for most. It's a tough decision, I love the active display, the battery and the always on feature of the Maxx. The G2 has the sexy screen, above average battery, the knock, knock feature and the weird volume /power placement along with most here would consider high end specs. I think it's a win win either way you go. For me, the battery and touchless controls sways me to the Maxx. I mean what good is all this tech if I'm always running low on battery?

I agree and I am still leaning to the Maxx, though the spec for the G2 are awesome. I think Moto has used their horse power for stuff I will use (active display, Google Now). I am not a fan of heavy skins and the knocking seems silly to me. I would rather push a button.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Does the g2 not have google now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

It has Google Now, it just does not actively listen like the new Motorola devices. I like the idea of the phone always listening, and I can think of many use cases for it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It has Google Now, it just does not actively listen like the new Motorola devices. I like the idea of the phone always listening, and I can think of many use cases for it.

Those anti-Kinect Xbox gamers think you're crazy. Lol, I don't mind myself. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a hard time deciding on a phone before. Now there are several. To make my decision easier, I ruled out the One, but I just don't know between the Maxx and the G2. I'm really going to have to compare them in store to know.

I like the always on and active display on the Maxx as well as the battery. The G2 has a better screen, and has a newer processor. Now that it seems VZW is getting wireless charging for the G2 that's the same. The G2 has a good battery, but I'm not sure if it's enough or not. I hate the rear button placement, and don't want to knock on my phone to wake it up. I'm not a fan of on screen buttons, but they are customizable. So, I might be interested in that. The X8 seems like a good idea, but it isn't proven yet. The display on the Maxx is smaller, lower res, and just not as nice as the G2. But my RAZR isn't even as nice as the Maxx. I like the appearance of the Maxx better.

Every time I think I'm being swayed one way, I come back. They both have features the other does not that I like. They both have features the other does not that I dislike. Right now, I feel like the always on and active display are the answer. Tomorrow, who knows what I'll be thinking. I need to hold each one and use it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If the G2 had the battery of the maxx or even of my RMHD I think I'd be sold on it, but it has a smaller battery and shorter rated life than my current phone so that makes it tough.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im not big on lg products. I like the looks of the g2, and button placement to me is cool.. but I dont want an lg product lol.. im still leaning towards the droid maxx IF I give up my note2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Im not big on lg products. I like the looks of the g2, and button placement to me is cool.. but I dont want an lg product lol.. im still leaning towards the droid maxx IF I give up my note2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

I've never had an LG phone. What don't you like about them?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
People are whining about the knock function,I think its genius.If you dont like it turn it off.

Seems like a nifty idea to me. I'm only whining about the smaller battery. Everything else about it seems great. Although it might be pretty large in my pocket.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a nifty idea to me. I'm only whining about the smaller battery. Everything else about it seems great. Although it might be pretty large in my pocket. I agree a slightly larger battery would level thd playing field.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how many people will take this into consideration but early reviews show that the G2 camera blows away the MAXX...

G2 is looking more and more enticing :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36