Any cases ANYWHERE for the Droid Maxx???

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Any word on wireless charging with the cases. The Rep at the store tried to tell me that they would work with it, but I dont really believe it. I was not ready to put $40 down on a new charger so I cant test it myself.

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep they work. I have the Nokia wireless charger and have tested it on both the incipio feather and the speck case. It works with both cases. Your good to go!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
How is the heat with the cases? They say in another thread it can get up to 115. One guy even said it got so hot it stopped charging.

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Without the case I haven't had any haven't had any heat issues that have been mentioned. I just charge it when I'm sleeping when I wake-up it's normal . I will say that I'm not the type of person that's monitoring the temp. I probably should check it but I haven't had any reason to.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
How is the heat with the cases? They say in another thread it can get up to 115. One guy even said it got so hot it stopped charging.

I've had no issues so far, but I bought the bumper case from Verizon so the heat can still escape out the back.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the Otterbox defender, commuter, or Trident Cyclops. Which do you guys think?

Defender: DROID Maxx Case | OtterBox Defender Series
Commuter: Commuter Series case for DROID Maxx by OtterBox
Cyclops: Cyclops Case for Motorola DROID MAXX

Well considering I own all three...

The commuter is way too bulky. If you can handle that size, get the defender.

How hard are you on phones? You'll want a pre installed screen protector with the cyclops and the defender. One piece of dust is all it takes to ruin a perfect naked display.

I don't like how hard it is to remove the cyclops. But the display protector on it is by far the best I've ever used.

I also have the Qmadix S Series in red and hate it. Not enough bezel by the screen.

I use an Incipio Feather as my daily driver and when I do any traveling or camping I use the defender.

I would highly recommend the Incipio dual pro. But get Grey or black if you are a perfectionist. The plastic tends to hold in some light stains.

The Incipio Feather in pink is under $6 on Amazon....

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I would highly recommend the Incipio dual pro. But get Grey or black if you are a perfectionist. The plastic tends to hold in some light stains.

I second the vote for the Incipio Dual Pro. I use it as my daily driver and it protects the phone well without adding a lot of bulk. Also, it was super easy to spray paint with some metallic blue paint and a holographic clear coat. Now mine is a pretty sparkly custom case :eek:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I second the vote for the Incipio Dual Pro. I use it as my daily driver and it protects the phone well without adding a lot of bulk. Also, it was super easy to spray paint with some metallic blue paint and a holographic clear coat. Now mine is a pretty sparkly custom case :eek:

Show us some pics!!!

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Show us some pics!!!

Gladly!
It's kind of hard to get good light since it's almost midnight lol. I'll try to get some good pictures in the sun tomorrow.
eguny9az.jpg

eduhevu3.jpg

The first is no flash to get an idea of the blue and the second is with flash so you can see the awesome rainbow effect that the holographic coat has. :cool:

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Gladly!
It's kind of hard to get good light since it's almost midnight lol. I'll try to get some good pictures in the sun tomorrow.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/30/eguny9az.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/30/eduhevu3.jpg
The first is no flash to get an idea of the blue and the second is with flash so you can see the awesome rainbow effect that the holographic coat has. :cool:

Omg.

That is AWESOME!!!!

I'm getting on Amazon and ordering another Incipio Feather since their pink ones are only $6!

Guess I'll have to line the inner edges with tape bc any extra inner thickness causes issues on the feather (had Xtreme guard full body and case fit was poor).

So this is spray paint in a can? Would Lowes carry this?

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Omg.

That is AWESOME!!!!

I'm getting on Amazon and ordering another Incipio Feather since their pink ones are only $6!

Guess I'll have to line the inner edges with tape bc any extra inner thickness causes issues on the feather (had Xtreme guard full body and case fit was poor).

So this is spray paint in a can? Would Lowes carry this?

I'm glad you like it! The blue metallic is the Krylon brand in a can. I got it at Hobby Lobby for about $5 on sale. The holographic is from Spazstix and I got it at a local hobby shop. I don't have a clear coat on it yet except the holographic but I'm thinking I'll use one just in case.

I would agree with being careful with the feather case. The dual pro still fits just fine as of now.

Hobby Lobby also had straight sprayable glitter, so I'm thinking that might happen in the future... I'm addicted to sparkles. It's a problem. Lol

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I wanted to share an update on the spray painting cases. I have done a few more and settled on this one as my favorite. Apparently you can spray paint with nail polish (who knew?) and that was my ticket! I used a multichrome (color changing) polish that goes from blue to purple with holo sparkles in it. I've had it painted this way for 2 weeks with a light clear coat and so far I haven't had any wear or scratches in the paint.

3epyzupa.jpg

epejybav.jpg

yba7yry9.jpg

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just letting you guys know. I got the Otterbox commuter and got a nice matte finish screen protector and I love it! I've dropped my phone a few times and not even a scratch on it. A lot of people say it's too large, but I don't notice it too much.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I wanted to share an update on the spray painting cases. I have done a few more and settled on this one as my favorite. Apparently you can spray paint with nail polish (who knew?) and that was my ticket! I used a multichrome (color changing) polish that goes from blue to purple with holo sparkles in it. I've had it painted this way for 2 weeks with a light clear coat and so far I haven't had any wear or scratches in the paint.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/3epyzupa.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/epejybav.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/yba7yry9.jpg

Awesome as usual.

Side note, anyone see that Incipio made an atlas case for the droid maxx?

Incipio Atlas Waterproof Case for Motorola Droid MAXX - Retail Packaging - Black by Incipio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FDYNRS0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3662026

Weird part is there's no mention of these on Incipio.

I question the bottom bezel. It has bad reviews for interfering with back key.

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Droid Maxx on Friday and rocking it naked. I just love the look of it without a case, so I'll have it without a case for a while.

Posted via Android Central App

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and bought Verizon bundle which included screen protector, car charger and Otterbox commuter case.
I view screen protector as must have...Case I will use on and off depending on circumstances. Otterbox kind of wrecks the feel of the phone though it is nicely made.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad