Maxx Not Shipping Until 8/27?

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just saw on Verizon site that the Maxx & Ultra are now shipping by 8/27 and the Mini by 8/29. Has anyone that pre-ordered been notified of a change in "ship by" date from the 20th? Is this a change in release date or did they just get too many pre-orders and had to push the shipping dates back? I wouldn't guess they had too many pre-orders....I'd hate to have wait another week.

Link to Verizon Site: Set Your Location

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just saw on Verizon site that the Maxx & Ultra are now shipping by 8/27 and the Mini by 8/29. Has anyone that pre-ordered been notified of a change in "ship by" date from the 20th? Is this a change in release date or did they just get too many pre-orders and had to push the shipping dates back? I wouldn't guess they had too many pre-orders....I'd hate to have wait another week.

Link to Verizon Site: Set Your Location

Too many pre-orders so those ordered now won't be guaranteed to ship until then.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No way these things sell out on release day. No way. The general public has NO IDEA that they even exist. The only ones that know are those of us that actually watch tech news. Not even the CSR at my local Verizon Wireless Corporate store had heard of them as of Friday.

Let me take a step back. IF they give each store at least 10 of these, there is NO WAY they will sell out on launch day.

Guaranteed.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
No way these things sell out on release day. No way. The general public has NO IDEA that they even exist. The only ones that know are those of us that actually watch tech news. Not even the CSR at my local Verizon Wireless Corporate store had heard of them as of Friday.

Let me take a step back. IF they give each store at least 10 of these, there is NO WAY they will sell out on launch day.

Guaranteed.

Idk, everytime I see tv I see at least 4 or 5 droids commercials with the previous order now at the end.

Posted via Android Central App

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's been pushed back to 8/27 per my chat with Verizon....

General Info
Chat start time Aug 13, 2013 9:15:05 AM EST
Chat end time Aug 13, 2013 9:22:49 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:07:43
Operator Traci
Chat Transcript
info: Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative, we appreciate your patience. Your current estimated wait time is 0 min 1 secs.
info:
Add a tablet to the Share Everything plan for only $10/mo ? no contract commitment - data only plans starting at $30 monthly access! Ask me how.

Your RealTime session ID is RT14175697761.
You are now chatting with 'Traci'
Traci: Hi and welcome to Verizon Wireless Sales Chat, my name is Traci. May I have your name, please?
Traci:
You: When can I pick up a new Droid Maxx in store? I thought it was 8/20, but now they say they are not shipping until 8/27?
Traci: This date may have changed due to the stock and availability.Have you ordered already?
You: Not yet, I am wanting to pick up in store on release date. I see where there is an order and pick up in store option, but not for the Droid Maxx...it says shipping only.
Traci: This is not available for in store pick up due to this is on pre order.
You: OK, so will it be availalbe on 8/20 in store?
Traci: This will be available on the ship date in the store.
You: OK...thanks! That's what I was wanting to know.
Traci: Welcome
Traci: Would you have any other questions for me?
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxx.com at the end of your chat.
You: no thanks!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
All she was telling you is that it will be at the store in ship date. That conversation doesn't say anything other then that and that orders are not guaranteed until then. This is for those who did NOT meet the 8/20 deadline. Anyone who had already ordered should have it by 8/20

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Pre-Orders ONLY refers to those devices shipped by online verizonwireless.com. It has nothing to do with the actual release date of a device. The device is being released on 8/20 to EVERYONE. The only ones that are guaranteed to get their device on 8/20 are those that pre-ordred them prior to their stock for ONLINE verizonwireless.com ran out. Then new 8/27 date floating around has to do ONLY with verizonwireless.com orders because that is the date that they will be able to replenish their supply and fill the orders that they have now. This has NOTHING to do with the phones slated to be sold in stores on 8/20.

Now some stores may get 10 and some stores may get 20 and authorized retailers (including Best Buy and RadioShack) may get 5, but all stores will have a certain number of the Maxx and Ultra on 8/20. The release date has NOT been pushed back, only the online verizonwireless ability to fulfill the orders they have. I personally am planning on being at my local Verizon Corportate store before noon on 8/20 to pick up one of the devices.

(Source)

Update: Seems like the Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini may not be shipping until August 27th now. What's not clear just yet is if the change in shipping date is because of a delay or a sell out of initial inventory. We've reached out to Verizon for clarification.

Update 2: We heard back from a Verizon rep, who had this to say about the rumored delays: "The 20th is still happening, you'll still find the Ultra and Maxx in stores on that day. Those who pre-ordered prior the date changing, will have their device shipped by the original date. And, for customers pre-ordering now, the date on the website is when the phones will ship."

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Pre-Orders ONLY refers to those devices shipped by online verizonwireless.com. It has nothing to do with the actual release date of a device. The device is being released on 8/20 to EVERYONE. The only ones that are guaranteed to get their device on 8/20 are those that pre-ordred them prior to their stock for ONLINE verizonwireless.com ran out. Then new 8/27 date floating around has to do ONLY with verizonwireless.com orders because that is the date that they will be able to replenish their supply and fill the orders that they have now. This has NOTHING to do with the phones slated to be sold in stores on 8/20.

Now some stores may get 10 and some stores may get 20 and authorized retailers (including Best Buy and RadioShack) may get 5, but all stores will have a certain number of the Maxx and Ultra on 8/20. The release date has NOT been pushed back, only the online verizonwireless ability to fulfill the orders they have. I personally am planning on being at my local Verizon Corportate store before noon on 8/20 to pick up one of the devices.

(Source)

Update: Seems like the Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini may not be shipping until August 27th now. What's not clear just yet is if the change in shipping date is because of a delay or a sell out of initial inventory. We've reached out to Verizon for clarification.

Update 2: We heard back from a Verizon rep, who had this to say about the rumored delays: "The 20th is still happening, you'll still find the Ultra and Maxx in stores on that day. Those who pre-ordered prior the date changing, will have their device shipped by the original date. And, for customers pre-ordering now, the date on the website is when the phones will ship."

Good News...thanks! Still surprised they've had enough pre-orders to have to push back the shipping date. I'll be at a Corp store on the 20th as well.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my pre-order status, and it still says ship by 8/20

I think those who have already pre-ordered will get their phones on the original date - the 20th. When the iPhone 5 came out last year, pre-orders sold out immediately and each day had a shipping date further out for those pre-ordering. I got mine on the date promised in the order and I ordered from Vz. So I'm guessing those who ordered the Maxx with a "by the 20th" date will receive them on the 20th.

BTW ... the official wording on the Vz order receipt doesn't say shipping "ON the 20th" - it says shipping "BY the 20th". With the iPhone 5, those who pre-ordered in time for the original release date had their phones IN HAND ON THAT DATE. The phones were actually held within the carrier's facilities to be delivered on the release date. And they were. There was a thread where forum members reported the status of their deliveries. I started one in this forum, so when they begin to ship we will all know.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...k-you-pre-oredered-whats-delivery-status.html

PS - I work with both Android and iOS platforms, thus the *gasp* iPhone 5 reference!

Last edited:

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Just so you guys know radio shack is selling the maxx for 199.00 the ultra for 149.00 and the mini for 49.00. You can preorder on line like I did and they will cancel the order if you can get one in the store on the 20th. I verified this with customer service so I covered myself if the stores don't have them on the 20th. They said that even if it shipped they will send a pre addressed/paid envelope so you can return if you get one in the store win/win. This reminds me of when they sold the bionic and supposedly got in trouble for selling for less than verizon guess they didn't care their doing it again.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just so you guys know radio shack is selling the maxx for 199.00 the ultra for 149.00 and the mini for 49.00. You can preorder on line like I did and they will cancel the order if you can get one in the store on the 20th. I verified this with customer service so I covered myself if the stores don't have them on the 20th. They said that even if it shipped they will send a pre addressed/paid envelope so you can return if you get one in the store win/win. This reminds me of when they sold the bionic and supposedly got in trouble for selling for less than verizon guess they didn't care their doing it again.

I preordered yesterday, and the site said ship by 8/27, but it looks like they have already processed my order and are expecting delivery in 2-3 days. Once I get a shipping notification I will post.