Trusted Bluetooth Devices

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The update just released seems to have fixed the Bluetooth for the Cobra Tag. I haven't received a drop-out on my Cobra Tag all day, which would drop out randomly a half dozen or more times per day after the last update.

Looks like it will be suitable as a trusted BT device again.

Jester23

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm still looking for the smallest, lightest BT device I can find that works well... I'd love a sticker I can stick to the back of my watch or key fob instead of another thing to go on my keyring... I still haven't found one I find stable and suitable. :(

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm still looking for the smallest, lightest BT device I can find that works well... I'd love a sticker I can stick to the back of my watch or key fob instead of another thing to go on my keyring... I still haven't found one I find stable and suitable. :(

I use a Motorola Keylink, it works great. I put it on a chain and wear it around my neck.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Quick update to this old thread about the Gecko tag: I was invited to join their beta app program, so I accepted. The beta version I had installed (2.1.4) now pairs the tag as a proper Bluetooth device (security code 0000000), and as such it can now be used as a trusted device. I tested it and it works great, even immediately after a reboot without having to first launch the app (the usual requirement to enter your PIN once still applies).

My device (Moto X 2013) appears to have horribly broken Bluetooth, however--when I have it turned on it kills the battery and severely interferes with WiFi communication--slows transfer speeds to a crawl, frequent dropouts, etc. Although now I'm wondering if it's possible these ill effects were caused by the Gecko app. I just installed the latest beta (2.1.5) and at first glance WiFi is still working well. I'll leave Bluetooth enabled tomorrow and see how it goes. Crossing my fingers...

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Quick update on the Gecko beta app: It appears the old app was the cause of my Bluetooth brokenness. Battery life seems normal and WiFi works great with or without BT enabled. I'm pretty happy with it now, although the "find my phone" feature mostly doesn't work (doesn't turn up media volume if you have it turned down, and also just doesn't seem to detect the double-shake unless the app is in the foreground). But I don't generally misplace my phone, so that's not really an issue for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance