Who has the Maxx already or picking one up on day 1 (Today)?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just curious how many people are getting them on day 1. Let us know if you had problems getting one and what your first impressions are.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dditzel

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who has the Maxx already or picking one up on day 1?

Mine came yesterday. Moved from a Droid Razr that I got on launch day. The New MAXX is nice, not much bigger than my Razr (non-maxx) So Far so good, i like the feel, weight and time will tell about the battery claims. Down 3% in about an hour, mostly sitting on my desk, 2 texts, and read one email from gmail.

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

so youre on pace for about 27 hours battery life on zero to light usage......pretty much zero
and they advertise 48 hours? lol im only buying it if it lasts 18-20hours on moderate to heavy usage

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

so youre on pace for about 27 hours battery life on zero to light usage......pretty much zero
and they advertise 48 hours? lol im only buying it if it lasts 18-20hours on moderate to heavy usage

One hour of usage does not equal a full evaluation of battery life. Though I am curious about real life battery life. I need a phone that can last from 6:00am to 11:00pm when I go to bed. ~48 hours would be great, but I'm not counting on that happening with moderate use.

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Got my Maxx this morning at local VZW store. Sweet phone! It's on my wireless charger right now. Speaker in back is loud as hell. They didn't have the new Sol Deck speaker in-stock or I would have bought it too. My store also had the new Droid Mini in-stock and for sale for those interested in it.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Got my Maxx this morning at local VZW store. Sweet phone! It's on my wireless charger right now. Speaker in back is loud as hell. They didn't have the new Sol Deck speaker in-stock or I would have bought it too. My store also had the new Droid Mini in-stock and for sale for those interested in it.

Wow! Enjoy your new phone

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dditzel

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Last night was my furst full charge, so today i am leaving off charger all day to see what i get. Not complaining yet, i'm at 96% and 2h 17m on battery. I do not have Battery Saver enabled. screen brightness is about 30% i guess, not on auto brightness.

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

thanks keep us updated on how long it lasts, looks good so far....but then again you said youre not using it much correct?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

For those who have one now -- How much free memory is available before you start to load it up? I assume about 25GB to 27GB.

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Picked mine up about an hour ago. The rep couldn't activate it b/c it came uncharged. I mean it had 0%. I put it on the car charger and once it got to 3% I activated it. Now on charger at home. I just deactivated it on one account (non-unlimited) and activated it on my unlimited plan. So far no hitches. In process of updating then will set up.

I bought the bumper (black/grey) and screen protectors in store. Bumper is a little too hard plasticky for me, thought it would be soft touch. Looks OK, but only need it until I get another. The Hyperion case that I ordered from Amazon on Aug 12th has not shipped yet. Said "in stock", but I guess not.

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site

For those who have one now -- How much free memory is available before you start to load it up? I assume about 25GB to 27GB.

After system update, but before syncing with google accounts, I have 23.76 GB available. Broken down like this...Total Storage 32GB, Android OS 6.52GB, Storage 25.48GB, Available Storage 23.76GB. Glad it's not a 16GB!

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up today. Still downloading all apps, but took a bit of work. I walked in the store when they opened and the guy said they had 1 device and couldn't sell it to me off contract. I asked him for the number for corporate and to talk with his manager and low and behold he sold it to me. So far seems buttery smooth. Screen is nice. I am coming from a Galaxy S4 that I didn't like because of the battery life.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

The best way to guage a new battery's performance is to let it cycle from 100% to 0% a time or two so that the software can calibrate itself accurately.

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I got mine. I was surprised at how thin and light it was. It's a little taller and wider then the Bionic, but considerably thinner and lighter. I'm really disappointed with how slippery it is. It seems to keep sliding out of my hands. That almost pushed me back down to the Ultra, but I really hate to have finger prints on the front AND back of the phone and I just don't like how glossy that one is.
I'm hoping I'll get used to it in the next few days, if not, I can get a case. I've never used cases, but with how thin this is, I might be able to make an exception.

DCABuckeye

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Motorola Migrate was flawless and the transition was equally as easy. Love the feel and look of the phone. Not a single regret in my first few hours. Was the first purchase at my Verizon Store at Union Station in Washington. Anyone just spec hunting isn't giving this phone a fair chance. The move from GNex to the Maxx has just blown my mind in speed, and Okay Google Now and Active Notifications work just as promised. Love this phone!!

Savvra

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I got mine. It's exactly what I expected and so far has awesome battery life. I have had both my G'Nex and the Maxx on for the last three hours transferring and setting stuff up. G'Nex 83% down to 25%. Maxx 50% down to 31%. Only downside is the capacitive buttons, but I'll live. I already switched the menu to multi task long press.

Verizon Galaxy Nexus

dditzel

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
90% after 5h 31m on battery. A few emails sent/recieved. 4 text, and just under 11 minutes of phone calls. 4G, 2 bars in my office. Wifi is off.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Verizon decided not to bother sending any stock to my local authorized store (non-corporate) for launch day. They have no ETA, and if they order one specifically for me, they get the "will ship by 8/27" message. I am SOOO close to buying a GS4, as I am stuck using an original Droid phone right now, as my Razr is broken. Grrrrr....

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
To anyone that uses Google Wallet and has a new MAXX--

Have you tried sideloading the Wallet APK?
If anyone wants to try it and does not have the APK, just reply.

Thanks!!

pomal53

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
90% after 5h 31m on battery. A few emails sent/recieved. 4 text, and just under 11 minutes of phone calls. 4G, 2 bars in my office. Wifi is off.

How does phone and 4G compare with the phone you were using previously? I'm wondering if the new Maxx has the same superior radios/antenna as the Razr Maxx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy