Does PDANet/FoxFi work?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
For those who are picking up a new Maxx, if anyone could test WiFi tethering with PDANet / FoxFi and report back, that'd be awesome. I'll hopefully be getting mine later today, and will report back if no one else has yet.

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
No luck either. I used Switch Pro on my Gnex with no problem, but it looks like the toggle won't even turn it on and if I go directly to the hotspot setting, it pops up a screen that says "checking subscription" then comes back with "yoru order could not be completed, contact customer service". I think Vz has locked it down.

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Please let us know if FoxFi and PDAnet work
...if wifi doesnt work can you check to see if USB tether works for internet connection for laptop
frenchie

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the full version, I figure its with paying $7 once. It currently does NOT work with 4.13.2 of PDAnet + on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on my Droid Maxx. I sent an e-mail and I read somewhere on the forums that they are working on it so just keep checking for updates.

Last edited:

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Works perfect using my note 2 on Verizon. Use it all the time for my galaxy tab 7 plus because my time warner internet constantly goes down. Free version worked just as well as the paid. Gave money to the developer because it worked so well.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Works perfect using my note 2 on Verizon. Use it all the time for my galaxy tab 7 plus because my time warner internet constantly goes down. Free version worked just as well as the paid. Gave money to the developer because it worked so well.

Which plan are you on, unlimited or share everything?

Posted via Android Central App

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Gave up my Verizon unlimited when I got the note 2. Okay, I wanted to jump out a window when I found out that Verizon wasn't going to cancel the grandfathered unlimited plans as I was led to believe.
But I use so much media that I am just grateful to have my 64gig card. On the road over 3 hours a day and don't much care for streaming.
Anyway. 8 phones on my plan with 20 gig share.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I can confirm FoxFi works on the Note II but it does not work on the Droid Maxx. This should be fixed I'm the future but until the developers figure out the proper coding we will be waiting.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you're on the share plan, why do you even need FoxFi, isn't tethering included?

Gave up my Verizon unlimited when I got the note 2. Okay, I wanted to jump out a window when I found out that Verizon wasn't going to cancel the grandfathered unlimited plans as I was led to believe.
But I use so much media that I am just grateful to have my 64gig card. On the road over 3 hours a day and don't much care for streaming.
Anyway. 8 phones on my plan with 20 gig share.

silverwood

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I sent an email to foxfi to see if they are working on an update this is there response

We are not sure if the new phone can be supported by FoxFi, please use
USB mode for now while we look for a solution.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

sb1950

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. Its frustrating because the app worked so well on all my devices ...ipad, mac, droid previously. Now I get to look at the phone screen only on the road. If anyone has suggestions or a solution let me know.

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I finally took the plunge last night to root and get my hot spot going. Works great. Very easy to do. Wish I would have done it sooner

Posted via Android Central App

wdoerschuck

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi (free) works well for me on Verizon using my Moto Droid Bionic Jelly Bean (4.1.2). I have a grandfathered Unlimited plan, download speeds 6 - 12mb, Upload 4 - 8mb. If this continues to work well, I'll upgrade to the paid version.

Ward

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
FoxFi (free) works well for me on Verizon using my Moto Droid Bionic Jelly Bean (4.1.2). I have a grandfathered Unlimited plan, download speeds 6 - 12mb, Upload 4 - 8mb. If this continues to work well, I'll upgrade to the paid version.

Ward

That's pretty irrelevant here in the Droid MAXX section. Of course FoxFi/PDANet works on some devices. It currently doesn't work on the MAXX, but root & enable stock tether does.

Christopher Bryant

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The developers asked me to test this out for the Droid Maxx to see if it works. It did, and I hope to see them release it in an update soon. For those who want to try it out early, here you go.

Install:
1. Uninstall PdaNet+ and FoxFi from your phone
2. Install the attached PdaNet+ apk file.
3. Bring up menu in PdaNet+, select "hash code", enter "MT" and Save.

Now turn on FoxFi and it will ask you to do a manual step. Do that and the wifi hotspot will be usable.

Note: The name and security key you have set in the FoxFi app no longer works. you will have to set it in your phone's actual hotspot settings.

This was successful on Android 4.2.2 with the new software update from Verizon the other day.

Attachments

• PdaNetTest.apk
    175.5 KB · Views: 194

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power