Does PDANet/FoxFi work?

stanhilliard

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Got the update today for FoxFi and it's now working on the Droid Maxx!
I haven't applied the new Android update to my droid maxx hd yet. I already have had PDAnet running for some time. I checked Playstore expecting to see a recent update to PDAnet, but there was no update there. I expected it to be on PlayStore by now.

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't applied the new Android update to my droid maxx hd yet. I already have had PDAnet running for some time. I checked Playstore expecting to see a recent update to PDAnet, but there was no update there. I expected it to be on PlayStore by now.

wrong forum kid.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I think he said wrong forum because this is the droid maxx not the maxx HD.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Brandon Ion

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
So I would like to be clear, does PDA net wifi work on Droid Maxx? Looking to get this phone and want to make sure it will support PDA net as I use it quite often.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I would like to be clear, does PDA net wifi work on Droid Maxx? Looking to get this phone and want to make sure it will support PDA net as I use it quite often.

According to PDANet's website, it should work.

FoxFi Devices

mdvf121 above also indicates it works. It may be good to note that PDANet recently often has to use a mock VPN setup to work, and thus requires a lock on the phone, which really hinders some of the voice commands on the new Moto lineup. I much prefer the stock tethering, which can be enabled with temporary root access, and works faster & more smoothly, and with fewer restrictions.

Brandon Ion

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Yea my current phone (Droid 4) requires the screen lock and works well. How hard is the Droid Maxx to root? I remember back when I had a Droid 2 there was like a 1 click root app, are these still around for current model phones?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
They are saying in the Moto X forum that FoxFi is not working with Kitcat. Kitcat is rolling out to the Moto X now. I can only assume the Maxx will be the same so you probably will have to wait again for FoxFi to be updated to work with Kitcat.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It does work on the maxx now. Also you can take the lock screen off after you set it up. If you look in the description of the app the developer explains how to do it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol