DROID Maxx Pre-Order on Wirefly.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Returning my $299 phone to Verizon today and waiting for my upgrade to reset and ordering from Amazon, all worth $100. One question, do you get charged tax from Amazon when ordering?

EDIT: They are out of stock! Giving it a few more days to see if Besbuy gets them in.

How long does it take to get your upgrade back? Do you have to pay the restocking fee?

adamkbeebe

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone actually heard when these will ship from Wirefly? I have contacted customer service twice and on both occasions it takes 2 days for a response which gives me no information at all. I'm beginning to regret using Wirefly.

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
My guess is everyone is in the same boat as Wirefly. Nobody seems to have them, not Best Buy (at least within 50 miles of my location) not Radio Shack, not Amazon.

adamkbeebe

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I was just hoping to get a little better timeframe than "soon". Are we talking a few days, a week, a month? I appreciate the $100 savings, I would just like to not be left out in the dark in regards to a ship date. I'm really hoping that it ships before the current VZW.com ship date of 8/27.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Speculating that wherever they're shipped from, VZW stores and VZW direct buys are #1 priority. That's what I'd do. Everyone else comes after those...2-3 days? THEN, those companies have to receive them and prepare them for shipment...another 2-3 days? I fully expect to see it next week.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess the good thing about it being delayed is that it pushes closer and closer to the X release for anyone interested in trying out that phone and being able to switch within the 14 day window! Glass half full!

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
From experience it takes about 24 hours to reset your upgrade, that was 2 years ago now so it might be faster. Im not sure about the restocking fee? If your withing the 14 days I would like to assume you dont.

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I am looking at the glass half full I may not have the maxx today but the delay will allow the devs to hopefully find root before I get it. That way I can make a completely stock backup and when an update comes just load that and take the update instead of having to fxz. I find that with not even deleting apps the update fails most times if you changed the font, etc. It happened with my wifes razr max all I did was root and freeze apps no other changes and it failed on the last update had to fxz to get it to take. I will guess and say next week they will have them in stock at that point I will just cancel my order and go to radio shack and get it direct.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I ordered my Motorola Maxx from wirefly.com for $199.99 and no sales tax, $65 here in CA. To save a $165 is well worth waiting even an extra week or two if need be.

I am guessing that if Verizon ships by the 27th they get to wirefly on the 30th then about 3 work days days later to us. By that logic we should receive them on aprox. Sept. 3. I will post back when I receive mine

Good to see that wirefly is looking in on our posts and replying.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
For the Wirefly customers, I have been checking and I do not have a firm date when the phones will be arriving here so we can ship them to you. I can tell you, that as soon as we receive them, we will be turning them around to ship out - either same day or next day at the latest. I appreciate your patience but if you have any other questions about your order, you can PM me and I will be happy to help.

cmueske

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Wirefly_Kim,

Do you know if you will be sending them out as a first ordered first sent. I didn't pre-order untill the 22nd. Wirefly has usually been able to get phones on the launch day. Why is this one taking so long. I don't want to cancel my order but being left with no date is very frustrating.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand your frustration, but at this time I have given all the information that I have. I will be happy to let you and everyone else on this thread know, as soon as I know when we will be shipping phones out.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your help and insight. Have you seen this situation in the past with any device and if so what was the turn around time? Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your help and insight. Have you seen this situation in the past with any device and if so what was the turn around time? Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

You are welcome! I want to make sure you are all up to date with info. I will let you all know when I know more. :)

Sometimes there is a supply shortage (this has happened a few times), which will cause delays like this. Since we get our phones directly from the carrier, we are dependent on them to provide us with information in relation to availability, etc. Each situation is different, so it is tough for me to estimate a turn around time.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled wirefly order and went with Amazon since I've used it before on my dinc. Check wirefly Facebook page, they usually update that before emails

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
and an extra $100 if you do the older moto trade in (specific models only). am i the only one who's into this? lol. that way your maxx will be $100. or $200 off your off contract price altogether.

Motorola Trade Up Program, Android Rebate
If you read the faq, it says the $100 only works in the VZW stores, not mail in. The mail in is good for the Moto X. That's why I bought in store. The same price as Wirefly and Amazon, but I have it in my hands already. Pompano Beach, FL on Federal Highway had it in Stock on the 21st.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza