Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: DROID Maxx Pre-Order on Wirefly.

Woohooo!

I just got an email that my new phone will be here on Wednesday the the 18th at 8 PM. I ordered it thru Comcast on the 14th.
    Keeping my fingers crossed on the $100 gift card. I shall post as I know more.
    Congrats on your purchase keadea. Keep us advised as to your progress.
    Bet I would still be waiting here 6 months from now on Wirefly.

I preordered my wifes Maxx from Verizon at the upgrade price and it was shipped on 8/27 as published. I liked it so much, I ordered one from Amazon.... (crickets..).. I cancelled from Amazon and ordered from Verizon through Comcast. I talked to a Verizon rep. and asked if they were in stock. When she checked she said, "oh we have lots of them".. I don't blame them for hanging on to a hot seller.. Interesting that mine is coming from a different location, PA as opposed to NJ. Mine is scheduled to arrive Wed the 18th.. Take care.

P.S. I AM a Comcast customer. I'm surprised that you don't have to be to take advantage of the offer. Good deal that you don't.
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

when i ordered from Verizon the first time with two day shipping, it came out of coatsville, pa. when that was cancelled and a new order with next day air was sent out, that came out of mempis. just found it interesting.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

I just received a response from Sam's Club CS

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Team.

I apologize for the late response. We were unable to respond to your e-mail due to backlog in e-mails. We still do not have any confirmation on DROID MAXX by MOTOROLA. Everything is fine on the order. We are just waiting for the inventory in our stock. Once it becomes available in our stock, we will process the order further accordingly. I would request you please contact us back after 24 business hours to get an updates on the order. *We assure you that we will do our best to process the order on higher priority for you.

Looks like they are in the same boat as everyone else.

Sent from my SCH-950 while waiting on Sam's Club to ship my DROID Maxx

FWIW I spoke to Amazon and she indicated that it was in stock for a short period of time, though it is now out of stock with no estimated delivery time. She indicated that what is shown on the website (10/1-10/15) is likely, but it may be later.

Good to hear that they had some in stock at some point, assuming that is accurate.

I now have my new Droid Maxx in hand!!!! Thanks to all who shared the Comcast info. I shall post here again when I get the gift card.

I have mine as well. Minor debacle with the bonehead FedEx driver that didn't see the 'indirect signature' tag on my door causing me to chase it down at the FedEx office. Oh well.. Now to learn Android really well.. Take Care

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Btravelen; 09-21-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chriswood1382 View Post
    So I have noticed that all of the third party retailers have not taken Pre-Order status off of the Droid Ultra's and Mini's. Hopefully this is a good sign that Motorola is getting these devices out the door again. Maybe the Maxx will be soon. Still waiting through Newegg , hoping to see some activity within the next couple days.
    Thats actually because almost all 3rd party retailers are actually Wirefly. If you look at the fine print, or even at the GUI, you can see that they are run by "Simplexity", the parent company of Wirefly.

The only ones that I know of for a fact are not Wirefly are Letstalk, Amazon, and Best Buy Mobile. All the others I know of are (Sears, Newegg, RadioShack, TigerDirect, Target, etc)

Looks like Amazon's is showing November 5th as the shipping date for the Maxx now:
    Motorola DROID MAXX (Verizon Wireless):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Apparently these have sold pretty well (either that or very few have been made available).

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ANewPlay256 View Post
    Looks like Amazon's is showing November 5th as the shipping date for the Maxx now:
    Motorola DROID MAXX (Verizon Wireless):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Apparently these have sold pretty well (either that or very few have been made available).
    Are you going to wait until November to get a phone? That's a long time.

Sent from my SCH-950 while waiting on Sam's Club to ship my DROID Maxx

I just cancelled ... ordered from Wirefly on 8/20 ... cancelled today 9/20. I just did the Comcast thing. This whole situation (with Verizon shipping thousands and thousands of these devices daily since 8-20) is just not acceptable.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Might be time to see what VZW will do for me. They had a 50 off deal at one time which would at least cover the sales tax.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Cancelled my Sam's Club order and went to VZW/Comcast. Ships today.......woooooohoooooo!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Thanks from me too for those who posted the Comcast Info. I got tired of waiting so I cancelled my wirefly order. I purchased the MAXX through Comcast/Verizon on 9/16 and got it on 9/18! Sweet phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by like2angle View Post
    I now have my new Droid Maxx in hand!!!! Thanks to all who shared the Comcast info. I shall post here again when I get the gift card.

I don't have the gift card yet but I sold my retired Galaxy Nexus on Craigslist today for $100. When I get the gift card It will have brought down my upgrade cost to $100 plus tax and activation of course.

My order placed yesterday via Comcast is already shipped - it will arrive on Monday. I also checked with my local Verizon store and they have a bunch in stock. There is no shortage of these phones ... there just isn't. I guess Wirefly just has no priority in this roll out.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NJ View Post
    My order placed yesterday via Comcast is already shipped - it will arrive on Monday. I also checked with my local Verizon store and they have a bunch in stock. There is no shortage of these phones ... there just isn't. I guess Wirefly just has no priority in this roll out.
    I ordered mine yesterday at 2:00 pm, it got caught up in VZW fraud prevention department, no word yet on shipping. Still waiting.......

Sent from my SCH-950 while waiting on Comcast/Verizon to ship my DROID Maxx

I broke down tonight. Canceled my Wirefly pre-order from 8/20/2013 and did the Comcast/Verizon deal. The order was processed efficiently from the Comcast site which switched me over to the Verizon site for all the processing. The $100 dollar Visa card was shown briefly on the Comcast site and never mentioned on the Verizon site. I don't even know how to track it. Any word on how or when the $100 Visa card is shipped? So far it looks like I plunked down full asking price to Verizon for the Droid Maxx and trust to the fates that the card will appear one day.

Just got word from Amazon that my Aug 26 order will be delivered on 9/25!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nghy View Post
    I broke down tonight. Canceled my Wirefly pre-order from 8/20/2013 and did the Comcast/Verizon deal. The order was processed efficiently from the Comcast site which switched me over to the Verizon site for all the processing. The $100 dollar Visa card was shown briefly on the Comcast site and never mentioned on the Verizon site. I don't even know how to track it. Any word on how or when the $100 Visa card is shipped? So far it looks like I plunked down full asking price to Verizon for the Droid Maxx and trust to the fates that the card will appear one day.
    I received a message at the end mentioning that I would receive my card in 30 days. Also, I received a confirmation email with tracking information on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wcowings View Post
    I received a message at the end mentioning that I would receive my card in 30 days. Also, I received a confirmation email with tracking information on it.

You received tracking or confirmation on the gift card?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by like2angle View Post
    You received tracking or confirmation on the gift card?
    I received a mention of the gift card at the end of the transaction, and received an email with phone tracking information after completing the transaction.

+1 amazon shipping tomorrow, delivery expected wednesday, glad I held out

I ordered the maxx through wirefly on 8-20... I finally cancelled the order through them and went the comcast route today, can't wait to finally get this phone. Thanks to everyone posting on this thread showing what the options were

It's in stock at Amazon right now @ $250:
    Amazon.com: Motorola DROID MAXX (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

Looks like only 18 left at the moment, though.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast