Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Loose Kevlar on edges?

On the very side edges of my phone my phone seems to creak slightly which seems odd to me for this device. I can even slightly move the kevlar backing forward against the plastic by pushing it in. Anyone else or is there a build issue with my phone? I wonder if possibly the Gel case from Verizon causes this since it sits so tight? I can really only notice it when I remove the case though. Just curious on any thoughts.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 08-20-2013 at 10:39 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Looks Kevlar on edges?

I guess I'll take it back tomorrow and see if the issue is my device specifically. If I shine a light on the side of the phone I can actually see the clips showing slightly so its a concern.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ROM
    AOSP 20110221 GB

Nothing like that with mine... everything's tight and the fit is almost seamless.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by glenn9643 View Post
    Nothing like that with mine... everything's tight and the fit is almost seamless.
    I wonder why my device isn't that way. Do you use a case? I'll post a picture in a second but it's may look odd since it's a small gap and the camera doesn't really pick up the loose clips. I've dealt with creaks in a Samsung but never had a "gap" that concerned me. I wonder if the case is just too tight fitting and caused an issue?

Remember the gap is looks bigger in this picture since it's close up. Also note that the back of the phone gives a popping noise too.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: Loose Kevlar on edges?

This wont pop back in?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by cwoms167 View Post
    This wont pop back in?

No, I don't even think its completely popped. It is lifted on the edges but the popping comes from just to the side of center. This isn't normal is it?

txtoast likes this.

I don't have it yet but I would hope not that's why I dont buy phones on launch day

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

If I touch these areas the phone pops. If I touch the edge I don't get much of a pop but I can see the parts move and even see the clips. No way to pop back in. It feels cheaper then a Samsung phone.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post

If I touch these areas the phone pops. If I touch the edge I don't get much of a pop but I can see the parts move and even see the clips. No way to pop back in. It feels cheaper then a Samsung phone.

That's not normal. Mine feels solid, and the other two I held today felt solid as well.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Any more opinions? I'll be looking all day tomorrow to see if anyone else has this. For those that responded thank you so much. I never noticed this with an in store model so I figured it wasn't normal. I really want this phone because I love the size and battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post

I would definitely take it back tomorrow. Mine is not doing that. I got the bumper, which is pretty tight so I feel like I'm putting some pressure on the phone when I put on/take off and I'm not hearing any pops or seeing any movement/gaps. Good luck!

I dont have any issues like that at all. Mine is solid... heavier than I expected it to be though
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I'll be taking it back today and requesting a replacement. If the replacements do the same thing I'm just going to cut my losses and wait for another shipment or stick with my Note II. I brought the Maxx to work with me and I showed my friend and he heard the pop from 10 feet away. Not your average creak if you ask me.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by kckadow View Post
    I would definitely take it back tomorrow. Mine is not doing that. I got the bumper, which is pretty tight so I feel like I'm putting some pressure on the phone when I put on/take off and I'm not hearing any pops or seeing any movement/gaps. Good luck!
    So if you pinch the screen and Kevlar together with your thumb/index finger you don't see any movement between the two pieces?

Mine is as tight as can be. No creeks or movement at all. Looks like you just got a bad one. I would just exchange it.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigRed79 View Post
    Mine is as tight as can be. No creeks or movement at all. Looks like you just got a bad one. I would just exchange it.
    That's really the type of responses I'm looking for. If I have any trouble I'll be pulling this thread up and showing them that this is not normal by any means. The back has more give to it then my Note II which has a cheap plastic back.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

A better photo

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I got the phone replaced and it feels so much more solid. Thanks for the responses everyone!
    kckadow likes this.

That's great to hear glad that you were able to get it fixed...did the store rep give you any problems and does this one have any issues

Glad to hear they gave you a new one. Did you buy from a VZW store or somewhere else (best buy, etc)?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by cwoms167 View Post
    That's great to hear glad that you were able to get it fixed...did the store rep give you any problems and does this one have any issues

No issues what so ever and the phone has no problems.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Glad to hear they gave you a new one. Did you buy from a VZW store or somewhere else (best buy, etc)?
    Verizon corporate store.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4.