No LED Light on Droid Maxx?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it shows all notifications pending, not just the most recent. You can only open the most recent app with a drag up from the circle, but below the circle it shows all of the other pending notifications and you can drag own to power on the phone normally and then choose which app to start.

I liked the led myself, but it wasn't perfect. Without using a third party app, you couldn't distinguish two apps that used the same color; most apps you could not choose an led color (gmail and messaging shared a color, for example); it only showed the color for one notification if more were pending. My last phone was a 512 MB RAM device, so running a third party app to manage this wasn't worth the RAM.

I used light flow on the og droid and it ran fine, still runs fine on hd maxx. Will never buy an android phone without led. If they all drop them I'll buy a windows phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

regateir

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
When arguing about if light flow is better or more efficient you have to realize that this was not made for people with lightflow. This was made for the average consumer who hit the power button all the time. For them it is a savings. They did not build a phone with anyone on these forums in mind.

That said I will take active notifications any day of the week after having my maxx for a month.

Posted via Android Central App

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want an LED light that's fine - get/use a phone with and LED light.

There are people, like chiplg mentioned, who used to constantly press the power button just to check the time or what not. People who don't want to do that can now nudge their phone or pick it up and unlock the phone or check the time without having to press a button.

LED notifications have benefits as well, and I miss customizing the colors. But again, the Moto X and 2013 Droids are geared towards a specific audience and if it's not you, then that's fine. Just find something you prefer.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If you want an LED light that's fine - get/use a phone with and LED light.

There are people, like chiplg mentioned, who used to constantly press the power button just to check the time or what not. People who don't want to do that can now nudge their phone or pick it up and unlock the phone or check the time without having to press a button.

LED notifications have benefits as well, and I miss customizing the colors. But again, the Moto X and 2013 Droids are geared towards a specific audience and if it's not you, then that's fine. Just find something you prefer.

Thanks, I have decided to go with note 3 assuming its led works as expected. Just hated to leave moto quality radios. I hope moto designers hear that some of their customers DO care about the led.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
If you guys want an led light, just disable active notifications, root your phone, install xposed framework, GravityBox, then use the nav bar backlight as a notification area. Works great.

Sent from my XT1080m using AC Forums mobile app.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If you guys want an led light, just disable active notifications, root your phone, install xposed framework, GravityBox, then use the nav bar backlight as a notification area. Works great.

Sent from my XT1080m using AC Forums mobile app.

There is an actual l. E. D. I think it would be better if we found a way to use it

mattd149

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I like the active notifications but the led was nice. I didnt have any special app on my droid razr. I work nights and sometimes the kids need something before i am ready to get up. I could just open one eye and look for the green light. It could be seen from level with the phone. now I have to raise my head and either touch the phone or wait for it to blink. I dont care about emails just text or calls when im asleep. just alot nicer no need to wake up just to check, a simple glance over and close your eye and go back to sleep. Ohwell glad I got the answer here.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm now looking at the LG G2. The Note 3 is just too big. I don't understand how a man carries one.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I like that the active notifications come on whenever I move the phone or take it out of my pocket, but for ease of seeing what I had I think I still prefer the multi colored LED. I wish I could control which of the things I open the phone into from the active notifications. Like if I have an email in each of my accounts and a SMS. Instead it just opens to whatever came last.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I like that the active notifications come on whenever I move the phone or take it out of my pocket, but for ease of seeing what I had I think I still prefer the multi colored LED. I wish I could control which of the things I open the phone into from the active notifications. Like if I have an email in each of my accounts and a SMS. Instead it just opens to whatever came last.

Agreed. While I don't get many e-mails or too many texts from various people, I still think that it would be a smart move to add that functionality in an update.

Let people tap and hold on one of the other icons to preview the message and swipe from there to go to it. I think they assume most people will go to every message right when it comes in.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
There is an LED but you need Root to access it. Use an app called Moto X Led. I use to use it when charging. You can also set it for notifications. Active notifications are WAYYY better in my opinion though.

Not gonna like, the dot cover on the htc one m8 is pretty sweet! its kind of like active notifications.

Latrell567

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to disagree with you. I miss my notification LED from my Droid RAZR Maxx, and I do not like Active Display at all. And it does have a notification light, Motorola just chooses not to use it. Drain your phone ALL THE WAY, then plug it in. You'll see a green one. Also, in Cyanogenmod it lets you use it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma