Assist - Meetings not working?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My calendar did not set my phone to vibrate this morning for my work appointment. I have the appointment set to "busy".

Am I missing a step?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
When my first appointment happened it 'suggested' to turn on smart assist. I think you may need to manually turn it on.

davpel

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Assist isn't working for me in the car at all. It recognizes that I'm driving but never reads any texts or announces the caller. Also, when my phone is connected to my car via Bluetooth, the "OK Google Now" command no longer works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
My in car works amazing. Reads it all thru my Bluetooth. It's crazy to me how quick it adjusts to when I'm driving and when I stop driving

Finderw

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't get assist meetings to work either. The assist sleep function works very well - I can even turn off my phone and turn it back ok - it still wakes up in the morning and turns the volume on. The driving assist works great as well - had it announce text messages and send the automatic reply.

The meeting function - not so much. I don't use the on device calendar - all of my appointments are on a corporate exchange calendar. Even when I have other people invited to the meeting it isn't working. When someone calls me that isn't a favorite it rings like normal...

Ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't get assist meetings to work either. The assist sleep function works very well - I can even turn off my phone and turn it back ok - it still wakes up in the morning and turns the volume on. The driving assist works great as well - had it announce text messages and send the automatic reply.

The meeting function - not so much. I don't use the on device calendar - all of my appointments are on a corporate exchange calendar. Even when I have other people invited to the meeting it isn't working. When someone calls me that isn't a favorite it rings like normal...

Ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

Pretty sure you need to use the google calendar for the meeting piece to work.

Finderw

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
That might be it. I just created a meeting with my Google calendar (and invited another e-mail address) and the meeting mode turned on right away.

I am using the standard exchange integration (and standard calendar) to pull my exchange calendar. I am having a hard time understanding why it would only work with the Google calendar... seems like it limits the usefulness of this feature substantially.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That might be it. I just created a meeting with my Google calendar (and invited another e-mail address) and the meeting mode turned on right away.

I am using the standard exchange integration (and standard calendar) to pull my exchange calendar. I am having a hard time understanding why it would only work with the Google calendar... seems like it limits the usefulness of this feature substantially.

Agreed. I wonder what the challenges of hooking up to the exchange calendar are. Security may be an issue.

I used to run google sync to pull my work (exchange) calendar with google so my wife could see when I was busy. Maybe that will work for you?

Finderw

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
FYI - called Motorola support about this. They had me clear my cache partition first and re-setup my exchange account via chat and then had me call in and talk to a level 2 support rep. The rep wasn't sure if it was a bug or not supported via exchange accounts. He was going to do some testing and call me back tomorrow.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
FYI - called Motorola support about this. They had me clear my cache partition first and re-setup my exchange account via chat and then had me call in and talk to a level 2 support rep. The rep wasn't sure if it was a bug or not supported via exchange accounts. He was going to do some testing and call me back tomorrow.

Let us know if you are able to get it working. I will have a similar issue when I get mine. I had already come to terms with it, but if you can make it work, then the phone will be that much better.

Astrotrain00

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with Meeting as well. I use Google Calendar through DigiCal. Actually, I use several calendars (one color for each client) and my calendar from 8-5 is usually booked solid and all events are said to show me as 'Busy'. But no dice on the silent feature. Does someone else have to be invited for it to be silent? I hope I'm just missing something.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the answer. Marking your calendar as "Busy" will not put your phone in Meeting mode.

You have to have a Guest invited in your appointment to invoke Meeting mode.

I created a dummy contact that I use to invite to appointments that I want my phone to go into silent/vibrate mode.

Astrotrain00

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes... I use DigiCal too. Just invite a Guest in DigiCal.

Hmm.. the issue with that for me is I have like 6 calendars on there and I add events quickly for the time I spend on each one. Is there a way to invite a guest to a calendar automatically for every event or does it have to be done on a per event basis? If not, looks like I'll be silencing the old fashioned way, hah.

bj426

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Smart Actions would let you define what calendar you wanted it to be aware of and monitor. Assist APPEARS to only be looking at your google calendar.

Overall, I'm pretty dissapointed in the options/customizability of Assist when compared to S-A. What a major step backward!

This issue is going to be a major complaint for many people... I hope it is corrected quickly so only a few experience the error prior to its correction.

pcmem

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I too found assist lacking compared to smart actions and have been looking for alternatives. It would be nice if assist at least did what smart actions could.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance