Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Assist - Meetings not working?

    My calendar did not set my phone to vibrate this morning for my work appointment. I have the appointment set to "busy".

    Am I missing a step?

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
  2. #2  
    dbregman's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    When my first appointment happened it 'suggested' to turn on smart assist. I think you may need to manually turn it on.
  3. #3  
    davpel's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Assist isn't working for me in the car at all. It recognizes that I'm driving but never reads any texts or announces the caller. Also, when my phone is connected to my car via Bluetooth, the "OK Google Now" command no longer works.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    My in car works amazing. Reads it all thru my Bluetooth. It's crazy to me how quick it adjusts to when I'm driving and when I stop driving

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbregman View Post
    When my first appointment happened it 'suggested' to turn on smart assist. I think you may need to manually turn it on.
    I have smart assist on..... your "first appointment"... are you using a Google Calendar or Device Calendar on the MAXX???
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    I can't get assist meetings to work either. The assist sleep function works very well - I can even turn off my phone and turn it back ok - it still wakes up in the morning and turns the volume on. The driving assist works great as well - had it announce text messages and send the automatic reply.

    The meeting function - not so much. I don't use the on device calendar - all of my appointments are on a corporate exchange calendar. Even when I have other people invited to the meeting it isn't working. When someone calls me that isn't a favorite it rings like normal...

    Ideas? Anyone else having this issue?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finderw View Post
    I can't get assist meetings to work either. The assist sleep function works very well - I can even turn off my phone and turn it back ok - it still wakes up in the morning and turns the volume on. The driving assist works great as well - had it announce text messages and send the automatic reply.

    The meeting function - not so much. I don't use the on device calendar - all of my appointments are on a corporate exchange calendar. Even when I have other people invited to the meeting it isn't working. When someone calls me that isn't a favorite it rings like normal...

    Ideas? Anyone else having this issue?
    Pretty sure you need to use the google calendar for the meeting piece to work.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    That might be it. I just created a meeting with my Google calendar (and invited another e-mail address) and the meeting mode turned on right away.

    I am using the standard exchange integration (and standard calendar) to pull my exchange calendar. I am having a hard time understanding why it would only work with the Google calendar... seems like it limits the usefulness of this feature substantially.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finderw View Post
    That might be it. I just created a meeting with my Google calendar (and invited another e-mail address) and the meeting mode turned on right away.

    I am using the standard exchange integration (and standard calendar) to pull my exchange calendar. I am having a hard time understanding why it would only work with the Google calendar... seems like it limits the usefulness of this feature substantially.
    Agreed. I wonder what the challenges of hooking up to the exchange calendar are. Security may be an issue.

    I used to run google sync to pull my work (exchange) calendar with google so my wife could see when I was busy. Maybe that will work for you?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    I think Google sync has been discontinued, right?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    FYI - called Motorola support about this. They had me clear my cache partition first and re-setup my exchange account via chat and then had me call in and talk to a level 2 support rep. The rep wasn't sure if it was a bug or not supported via exchange accounts. He was going to do some testing and call me back tomorrow.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finderw View Post
    I think Google sync has been discontinued, right?
    I think you may be right.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finderw View Post
    FYI - called Motorola support about this. They had me clear my cache partition first and re-setup my exchange account via chat and then had me call in and talk to a level 2 support rep. The rep wasn't sure if it was a bug or not supported via exchange accounts. He was going to do some testing and call me back tomorrow.
    Let us know if you are able to get it working. I will have a similar issue when I get mine. I had already come to terms with it, but if you can make it work, then the phone will be that much better.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    I'm having problems with Meeting as well. I use Google Calendar through DigiCal. Actually, I use several calendars (one color for each client) and my calendar from 8-5 is usually booked solid and all events are said to show me as 'Busy'. But no dice on the silent feature. Does someone else have to be invited for it to be silent? I hope I'm just missing something.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    I have the answer. Marking your calendar as "Busy" will not put your phone in Meeting mode.

    You have to have a Guest invited in your appointment to invoke Meeting mode.

    I created a dummy contact that I use to invite to appointments that I want my phone to go into silent/vibrate mode.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astrotrain00 View Post
    IDoes someone else have to be invited for it to be silent? I hope I'm just missing something.
    Yes... I use DigiCal too. Just invite a Guest in DigiCal.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Yes... I use DigiCal too. Just invite a Guest in DigiCal.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
    Hmm.. the issue with that for me is I have like 6 calendars on there and I add events quickly for the time I spend on each one. Is there a way to invite a guest to a calendar automatically for every event or does it have to be done on a per event basis? If not, looks like I'll be silencing the old fashioned way, hah.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    Smart Actions would let you define what calendar you wanted it to be aware of and monitor. Assist APPEARS to only be looking at your google calendar.

    Overall, I'm pretty dissapointed in the options/customizability of Assist when compared to S-A. What a major step backward!

    This issue is going to be a major complaint for many people... I hope it is corrected quickly so only a few experience the error prior to its correction.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    BTT - Anyone?
  20. #20  
    pcmem's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    I too found assist lacking compared to smart actions and have been looking for alternatives. It would be nice if assist at least did what smart actions could.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Assist - Meetings not working?

    I finally got the Meeting feature to work. In setting up my meeting in my calendar, I had to select my Gmail address instead of Device Calendar. The reason for this seems to be because the Device Calendar does not allow you to invite a guest to your meeting. The Device Calendar also does not allow you to be seen as "Busy". I also had to select a guest that was one of my contacts. So, I created a fictitious contact called "Meeting Guest". My fictitious guest had to have an email address. So, I set up a fake email address as well. You could use your own email address, but then Motorola Assist sends you an unnecessary email invitation to your own meeting. Perhaps this is another good way to confirm that the app is working. I set the app to silence my phone by allowing vibrate only. I also set it to auto reply that I was in a meeting.

Similar Threads

  1. Am I screwed or not???
    By ejb1013 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 06:36 PM
  2. Camera not working
    By JWar2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 08:48 PM
  3. Google Now not obeying commands, searching instead.
    By roberte1342 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 02:53 AM
  4. my navigation on samsung s3 stopped working
    By Junior Huso in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 09:25 AM
  5. S Note stopped working during import pdf file
    By arusa in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 04:44 AM

Posting Permissions